Scammed on Dealoct, now I can't appeal an unfavorable decision.

mm3055
New Community Member

Long story short, I bought an item on Dealoct dot com, I've never received a confirmation email from the website for the purchase. I did receive the transaction confirmation from PayPal, and I noticed immediately that the seller had a co.jp yahoo email address, not US verified. Two days later, I get an email from PayPal notifying me that the seller has updated the transaction details with a tracking #, delivery from UPS. I check the tracking and it all seems legit, let's see what happens. The day the item is set to arrive (the next day after receiving the notification from PayPal/"seller") nothing comes. I was off that day, and I had been home the whole day. I check the tracking at around 4 in the afternoon (UPS comes around noon though my neighborhood, every day) and it said it has been delivered  at 2.27pm and left in a safe location. So I call the distribution center near me where the package was loaded for delivery, telling them that the tracker shows that the item has been delivered but it isn't here. I gave them the tracking information, the lady verified the tracking information on their system, and repeated that the item was delivered at the address printed on the label, which it was NOT my (US verified) address. That package was never meant to be for me. The UPS tracker showed the weight of said package, and it was 0.80lb. I bought an item that is well over 10lb, and that tracking was not my item. The tracking I was given (I don't know how this type of scam is being run at this point) belonged to someone else's delivery information which were conveniently from the same area.

I did open a dispute, and PayPal decided alone on the information provided by the seller, which was just A tracking. At this point it could have been ANY tracking #, as long as something was there for someone to see and assuming it was "enough" evidence.

Of course I cannot appeal the decision, the website won't give me the chance. I tried calling the 1-800 number, I found an automated voice that told me that the call center is overwhelmed, to go online and the call dropped (they hung up).

Is there any other way to bring the process any further?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Kat055
Contributor
Contributor
EXACT same thing happened to me!!! 50lbs of chlorine tablets ordered. The delivery info stated 1.20lbs. Nothing came! ALL A BIG SCAM! They have $75 of my money! I put in a dispute with my Discover Card that was my backup w PayPal. We shall see...
Login to Me Too

katecaccamo
New Community Member

Same.  I'm still waiting for Paypal to respond to the claim.  Dealoct.com has since been disabled.  I've had good luck with Paypal and website scams in the past so let's hope for a positive outcome!

Login to Me Too

BriLGgg
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. I was directed to the website via google shopping. My daughter ordered a paddleboard. When I got the receipt from Paypal - the company information was in some kind of Asian language although the company was supposedly in Illinois. I never got any kind of email confirmation or receipt from them either. I was immediately suspicious. When I went to the website, all they supposedly sell is jewelry. Why were they selling pool tablets and paddle boards?! Further, the website was only a month old. It no longer exists. 

I also got tracking and delivery information via UPS. No package ever came. It's unlikely that our order would have been processed, shipped and delivered in the amount of time they claimed. It's also impossible that a paddleboard and oars could weigh less than 2 pounds - box included. PayPal - do something! 

Login to Me Too

Captainkam
New Community Member

Same.  Now credit card has released the hold on this purchase I made in July.  It’s now December.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.