Scammed, lack of paypal support

xAlterion
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to send payment to a buyer through goods and services but unfortunately, must have mis-clicked friends and family. The payment was sent as an echeque. During the 8 days it was pending, I sent multiple messages to paypal because I knew I was going to be scammed as the seller stopped responding to my texts. However, paypal refused to help me. Echeque cleared and welp, seller blocked my number and disappeared. I have photo evidence to support my claim that he is a scammer. I even found out that he previously had an account with paypal that he used to scam before deleting it and making a new one to continue his scam. Paypal continues to refuse to do anything about this scammer. I have already contacted my bank for a reversal. In the mean time, I am afraid the scammer will delete his account and make another one to continue his scam. Can I dispute the claim as unauthorized transaction to put his funds on hold while I wait for bank reversal? Would I be charged a fee by paypal if I lose the unauthorized dispute?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ojs4
Contributor
Contributor

I just saw an article about this in the news and thought of looking here. In my case, PayPal sided with a knock-off producer that was fraudulently advertising on Instagram. Their website disappeared and they were not even responding to PayPal itself by the time PayPal decided in their favor.

I'm here to say that my solution was to replace my PayPal Plus Mastercard with a bank that still has humans working for it. I soon discovered that just replacing my preferred card did not keep my PayPal Mastercard from being charged when clicking the PayPal button on sites where I had already used PayPal in the past, when my PayPal Plus card had been my preferred card. I had to go into the place on the PayPal site where you change cards you've set for recurring payments (like subscriptions) and de-couple my card from every single vender I had ever used PayPal with before. Took some time but worth it to know that at least PayPal will not be collecting on that part of their business with me ever again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.