Scammed from fake site, PayPal refuses to issue refund

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

So this morning I ordered a Nintendo Switch from the following site: https://www.boiledcodroes.xyz/
I paid them $170 through PP and never got a confirmation email or receipt, no tracking info or anything. I am pretty sure I was just scammed out of $170.

I filed a dispute and PP refuses to issue me a refund. Does anybody know how to get this resolved?

I have called the number on the site and it's not a working phone number. I have emailed them and got no response. Really upset. I'm a single father and this is a lot of money to me. 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: PP replied and reopened the case as "ITEM NOT RECEIVED" and are giving the seller 3 days to respond. Since their phones do not work and email either, I should be getting a refund by August 1.

Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
Oh thank God, the same thing is going on for me so they should also give me a refund too, that’s a relief l was so afraid all my money would go down the drain.
Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your money back yet?
Login to Me Too

FranchiseSTsue1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, this website scammed me too. dead phone number dead email. There is a email on paypal payment so look for it...mutual .<removed>.... Also I did a whois on website and godaddy takes care of it, so make a complaint of abuse there. I paid with c.c. so foe now they reversed charges. I just started receiving packages in mail of cell phone covers, I think they are related because my name is printed on sticker the same as paypal reciept.

Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
I just got a cellphone cover too.
Login to Me Too

FranchiseSTsue1
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, was it a white one from a kw32 Chirs <removed>? Also look at email from PayPal.  Theres another address on there that goes through.  Complain to godaddy who supports the website.  

Login to Me Too

FranchiseSTsue1
Contributor
Contributor
Glad they reopened for you. I am filing a report with godaddy also. I started getting packages with phone covers two days in a row by usps.
Login to Me Too

FranchiseSTsue1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there I responded later in this thread about recieving plastic phone covers in mail, after ordering from this site. My credit card is handling dispute. I didn't pay through paypal but stumbled on this after having same issues as you. Theres another thread with exact problem but with other websites.  People are ordering nintendo switch products and getting pieces of plastic in mail.  Anyways we all need to stand together. Call Godaddy call FBI, federal trade commission, close paypal accounts. 

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Folks who are victims of this scam. I fell for similar scam and filed as all of you did, seller offered full refund if I return worthless item to Hong Kong at my expense. I didn't fall for that, address turned out ot be bogus anyway. Started a chat with customer service, got the go around at first (reps keep telling me what I already told them I'm objecting to), I persisted and one rep finally stepped in and help. He told me to upload photos of what I received, and file complaint at <removed> then upload prove of submission. After I did all that my case was determined in my favor. It should not be that hard to get an obvious scam case resolved. Hope this helps somebody.

Login to Me Too

tejasupuranik
Contributor
Contributor

Similar thing happened to me. Got a stupid cell phone cover in mailbox instead of an original item. Seller asking me to send the item back and will issue a refund. However I have to send the item back on my expense. PayPal is not helping in this case. What should I do? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.