Scammed from fake site, PayPal refuses to issue refund

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

So this morning I ordered a Nintendo Switch from the following site: https://www.boiledcodroes.xyz/
I paid them $170 through PP and never got a confirmation email or receipt, no tracking info or anything. I am pretty sure I was just scammed out of $170.

I filed a dispute and PP refuses to issue me a refund. Does anybody know how to get this resolved?

I have called the number on the site and it's not a working phone number. I have emailed them and got no response. Really upset. I'm a single father and this is a lot of money to me. 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdMan_1968 

What kind of dispute did you file?

Never file as unauthorized transaction unless someone broke into your PayPal and did something which is not the case here otherwise, PayPal will deny your claim.

If you filed the wrong kind of dispute, message customer service (click Message US under the FAQs section) and request the dispute be changed to Item Not Received. If you paid without a PayPal account at the time, provide the receipt ID number from the PayPal email receipt along with the request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I will do this. Of course with COVID they are rarely responding to me. I did exactly what you said not to do and they denied my dispute. I am currently messaging back and forth but the response times are very slow. Using COVID as an excuse to having customer service is ridiculous, they should have it together better than this. It's been going on since February.

Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed by the same website too on Wednesday, I’ve been trying to get a refund but they haven’t responded yet, have you heard anything back?
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

Nope. They're using COVID as an excuse for poor or zero customer service. They keep telling me they are sending it to their disputes and limitations department but I haven't heard anything. A company this large should have it more together than this. There is no excuse for not responding in a timely manner.

I did get a tracking number from China but the shipper part was blank so I still think it's fake.  Have you seen or heard anything?

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 2.56.34 PM.png

Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
Not yet, ugh I got scammed out of $108, also the fact that this shady company has my address honestly freaks me out. I tried to cancel the order yesterday and no response.
Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same email and shipping info, definitely looks like a scam, PayPal said they were looking into it. I also reported the website for scams to PayPal so they should investigate it. It probably won’t be dealt with until August.
Login to Me Too

AdMan_1968
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal refuses to refund my money. I guess they allow scam sites to scam their customers? Brilliant customer service strategy. 

Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
What did they say, if it doesn’t come in like a week you could always file a different dispute when it doesn’t show up because they do protect against when something doesn’t show up.
Login to Me Too

Mp407340
Contributor
Contributor
Ok so I think the only way to get our money back is just to wait for it not to show up and tell them. Because they do protect against that.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.