Scammed from China eBay item number:132478686770

fingersd
New Community Member

Hi, I purchased 2 laptop chargers via ebay on January 25th, due to be delivered between Fri, 09 Feb - Mon, 12 Mar.
During this delivery period the seller contacted me 6 times asking for positive feedback in return for a "free gift" prior to the item arriving. I eventually contacted the seller to say I wouldn't be leaving feedback until my order arrived, Which it never did. (transaction ID 3G316594MD620150J)
During this same 8 week period the sellers feedback rating fell 99% to 60% with all new feedback for non receipt of goods (feedback is now @ 55%) the feedback has also now become private making it hard to monitor.
I opened a Dispute with Paypal Resolution Center on 7th March and it quickly progressed to Being Reviewed by Paypal, and has been there ever since (Non-receipt – Claim – no. PP-006-707-024-785)

From what I can see the seller has not offered any documentation or contact at all (at least it's not showing in my case history.

I find myself wondering what is holding up my refund, this seller is obviously a known scammer and has cheated many people (the feedback makes this obvious)

I was lead to believe your policy was to settle claims 11 days from contacting the seller.

Any Views Anybody?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fingersd

Normally Paypal gives the seller 10 days to provide a tracking number and if they don't then the claim is reviewed /refunded within 48 hours of that deadline HOWEVER if its an international transaction then they sometimes give a bit longer.

I think you are lucky it did not turn up, we have more complaints about items from China being fake or sub-standard on here than all other countries put together. And if you won a SNAD dispute you would have had to send the item back trackable at your own expense before getting a refund of the original payment only (sometimes that is more than the item is worth).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.