Scammed from China, PayPal sides with the scammer?

marcob_703
Contributor
Contributor

I opened Dispute Case ID: PP-D-60234430, as this transaction was a scam. No item was received. PayPal sides with the seller because he can produce a fictious tracking number that never delivered.  The weight of the UPS label clearly indicates that the item was not shipped.  The tracking number provided shows shipped 3/29 and delivered 3/31, THIS IS COMING FROM CHINA. The weight listed on UPS is 2.6lbs, but this was a Dewalt power tool with a battery pack. Only after i purchased I noticed the seller was in China. No item was ever received. Please reopen dispute. Supporting photos of the dispute have been attached. This was a scam. Paypal sides with the seller and i am unable to open another dispute.  What can be done here or does PayPal often accept scams such as this? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @marcob_703 If you can ask for any documentation from the shipping courier with the tracking number that it was not delivered to your address then we can atleast re open or fike an appeal once you have the documentation so we can get your money back. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

marcob_703
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but Paypal does not want to reopen my case so I can upload items that support my claim.  I have a few documents saved that show a 22" Dewalt Hedge trimmer with a 5A battery pack does NOT weigh 2.6lbs as indicated on the UPS "proof" of delivery.  How does the seller providing a tracking number resolve a dispute?  The seller could have shipped a candy bar and provided tracking, to me, that does not confirm one party did what they were supposed to do.  I would appreciate if Paypal would allow for me to reopen the case to provide these documents and investigation continue.  This seller is a scammer and Paypal seems ok with it, closing my dispute within hours of me opening the case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.