Scammed by the buyer

Huynguyen255
Contributor
Contributor
I sold the shoes for the buyer through paypal. I sold exactly the shoes that I got straight out from Nike, but buyer file reported that the shoes were fake. I told him to return the shoes back and I will refund him. He returned the shoes but those shoes aren’t correct as what I shipped to him. Paypal give him a refund, while the shoes aren’t correct. I tried to contact paypal many time but they always let the auto voice talk. What should I do now? How can I contact to Paypal headquarter? I got scammed by buyer and my balance is negative now
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Huynguyen255 

Go back to the closed case and see if you can re-open/appeal the decision. Or keep calling customer service until you get an agent on the phone to report buyer abuse of the purchase protection. Press zero when on the line. Before that I would contact the US Postal Service to report the mail fraud. Their 1 800 customer service number has mail fraud option and file a report with ic3.gov and police report.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kimmiar
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal usually says that if you lodge a police report (because the buyer has committed theft) then when you appeal the case and show the the lodged report, you will usually get your money back.

Login to Me Too

Huynguyen255
Contributor
Contributor
How can I report it to the police. Please help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.