Scammed by seller providing wrong tracking number , USPS showed delivered to different address.

kiser105
Contributor
Contributor

I need help and to inform everyone of a new scam.   I used a google search on my cell phone to find a set of balloon tires for my beach cart. They weighed over 10lbs each.  I  made the purchase on the afternoon 7/20/2020 using PayPal .  On 7/23/2020 I received order confirmation and a tracking number from the seller YEFKE <removed>.  When I check the USPS tracking number, it showed delivered on the 22nd.  It was NOT DELIVERED. The seller has not responded to any communications.   I called my local postmaster to double check the statues.  The postmaster assured me the tracking number provided by the seller was not addressed to me and it only weighed 5oz.  He stated that this is a NEW SCAM using PayPal's no refund policy if the package shows delivered.  PayPal has closed my case because of this.  I don't understand why  PayPal is helping the criminals keep my funds, They should be helping the honest consumer.   PayPal reopened my case after providing documentation proving the  tracking number was not associated to me or my address. I'm still waiting on their ruling but I'm not confident in them. It is a shame you can not trust them.   PayPal is enabling scammers. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kiser105 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Josefina_vidal
Contributor
Contributor

me to  im haveing a hard time flieing a clam for a dispute refund

Login to Me Too

How did you get proof because they told me the same thing but couldn't give me anything physcial to present to pay pal
Login to Me Too

How did you get proof cause am going thru the same thing
Login to Me Too

Lislaw
Contributor
Contributor
Post office doesn’t want to provide me that information. The exact same thing happened to me
Login to Me Too

KF72

I guess I was lucky that the scammer gave me the tracking number.  I have the email they sent me, a copy of the order, and the tracking info.  It seems Paypal is onto them as my dispute was almost instantly approved.  Add Husque to the ban list!  The company info shows they are in California, but actually they are in China.  Ordered a few rare items, that had extremely limited production, and also made in USA.  Once I found out they were coming from China, I knew right away something was wrong.  I went back in and guess what, all the items I ordered were still in stock, and I could place thousands of them in my cart (only 200~300 were ever made of any given item). The tracking number, turned out to be delivered in a different state.

Login to Me Too

KF72

sorry spelled the name wrong, was Husqae.com.  seems they just use random letters, and every so often change the name.

Login to Me Too

brigetteh
New Community Member
Paypal closed a dispute because seller sent tracking number. Of course it was a false number and obviously have not received my product. What do i do now? I dont see where I can appeal it anywhere!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.