Scammed by dolltu

Cfrisk

I placed an order May 11, 2020 for a toddlers water play table. I never received an order confirmation. I only got confirmation from PayPal. I tried calling the number on the site, it just gives a busy signal. I emailed from the site, of course nothing. The invoice from PayPal does not indicate dolltu. I started a claim with PayPal which they denied because company sent UPS tracking claiming item was delivered. It was not. I am now appealing that and waiting for a response. I also stopped payment on my credit card. I am considering having a new card issued, but hopefully I'm protected through PayPal and they don't have all my credit info.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

Denver4050
Contributor
Contributor

I also ordered an item from Dolltu on May 11.  They provided the PayPal document with a UPS tracking number but the tracking number had nothing to do with my order or my address.  Of course, Dolltu can't be reached by phone.  I have now sent a text message and TWO emails.  PayPal should be able to assist, especially when you provide the UPS BOGUS TRACKING NUMBER.  I have also contacted UPS, PayPal and my credit card company.  I don't know if Dolltu is doing this on purpose (which would constitute FRAUD) or if they did this in error.  But I will await the information from all parties...should take about a week.  Hopefully PayPal will take notice of our SIMILAR ISSUES with this company.  You should definitely check with UPS to see if your tracking number was accurate for your location...good luck!  I hope PayPal will resolve these issues.  

Login to Me Too

O2silverado
Contributor
Contributor
Same! Filed a dispute but dolltu provided a bogus tracking number only to have PayPal close my case twice.
Login to Me Too

Denver4050
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to both of you with similar issues.  Please take the steps necessary to dispute your charges with your credit card company.  I have asked UPS to look into this matter since Dolltu or Bao Xinke (the name on my credit card regarding this sale) is continuing these actions. Below is what I sent to PayPal, UPS and will provide to the San Antonio Texas Attorney General's Office.  You should send copies of your information to all of them as well.  If PayPal rejects this dispute, I will continue to provide the backup.  Locking me out is NOT an option.  Please continue to POST THIS ISSUE and keep copies of your correspondence until PayPal accepts responsibility for their assistance with this fraud/scam.

Sent to UPS (copied to PayPal, my credit card company)...Apparently UPS has been an UNSUSPECTING partner in this scam.  As you will see from the information below, a company known at Dolltu or Bao Xinke is FRAUDULENTLY providing UPS tracking numbers to their orders.  The UPS tracking numbers have NO RELATION to the customer’s order or the customer’s address.  THEY ARE USING AMAZON TRACKING NUMBERS (see below).  UPS has verified this is occurring as the tracking numbers provided are not related to my name or my address.  This is FRAUD and unfortunately UPS has become an unwilling (I hope) participant.  You will notice from the message below, I am not the only victim of this fraudulent action. I hope you will take action against this company and their illegal activities.  I have notified PayPal and my credit card company about this issue and will be in contact with the Attorney General’s Office in San Antonio.  Please advise what you find out.  Thank you!

Login to Me Too

hillaryflea8
New Community Member

exact same thing happened to me. now i'm out $94. paypal is also impossible to get ahold of to re-open the claim i submitted that they denied. i'm supper disappointed.

Login to Me Too

ghoov2
Contributor
Contributor

Dolltu is a completely fraudulent company with a vacant lot in San Antonio, Tx as its mailing address and a fake phone number. For some reason, they offered me $1 to remove my fraud claim with Paypal. Best bet is to notify your credit card of the fraud and emphasize that you did not receive the item nor will you ever. Paypal seems very slow in dealing with this type of problem.

Login to Me Too

Jtee215
Contributor
Contributor
It’s a duplicate tracking that they use. So call your USPS or ups and ask them to write you a letter along with the duplicate tracking number saying it have not delivered to your address.
Login to Me Too

Denver4050
Contributor
Contributor

I have just sent this email to PayPal's Communications/Media Department (copying their customer service) and to the Fraud Department at UPS.  Please continue to send documentation to these individuals and anyone else you can find on line.  I also plan to file a document with the Attorney General's office in San Antonio and am filing a report with the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) - see their website.

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Potential FRAUDULENT activities being supported by PayPal with UPS as an unsuspecting partner in the scam.
Date: May 16, 2020 at 9:44:13 PM MDT
To: <Removed>
Cc: <Removed>
As a part of your communications department, you should be aware of this FRAUDULENT activity being supported by your company’s actions.
I would appreciate a response and I think the other customers who were SCAMMED should be contacted with an apology and a refund.  If your company rejects the claims due to the UPS documentation (which is false), I will lead the charge for an investigation and I’m pretty sure UPS will jump on this one with us!  I’ve contacted their Legal Department. Please respond to my issue.

Login to Me Too

O2silverado
Contributor
Contributor
Please keep us updated. I am on my 3rd attempt to get this resolved. Truly disgusted that this is happening.
Login to Me Too

psunique
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.