Scammed by dolltu

Cfrisk

I placed an order May 11, 2020 for a toddlers water play table. I never received an order confirmation. I only got confirmation from PayPal. I tried calling the number on the site, it just gives a busy signal. I emailed from the site, of course nothing. The invoice from PayPal does not indicate dolltu. I started a claim with PayPal which they denied because company sent UPS tracking claiming item was delivered. It was not. I am now appealing that and waiting for a response. I also stopped payment on my credit card. I am considering having a new card issued, but hopefully I'm protected through PayPal and they don't have all my credit info.

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

tuffbiker22
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely ridiculous that PayPal is supporting this FRAUD!!

Login to Me Too

elfshortyblue
Contributor
Contributor

have you heard anything back about it?

Login to Me Too

Cfitzy09
Contributor
Contributor

same here, folks- please go to Twitter, and find me and re-tweet my @paypal tweet from today- they are negligent if they do not take action on this. its a loop hole scam, and PayPal is endorsing it by closing these claims  

Login to Me Too

GeorgeLB
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order for an ultrasonic support rack on May 21st. Same scam story; no package, issued a dispute with PayPal, "merchant" came up with a UPS tracking number which PayPal used to decide in his favor and close my case.

The interesting thing about the UPS tracking number was that it was listed as being in the city it was supposed to be shipped to. But, UPS does not provide a street address, so for all I know the guy shipped an empty box to some random location in the city, and that's all he needed to win the dispute.

Login to Me Too

ghoov2
Contributor
Contributor

This scam appears to be very prevalent on internet sites. Once you know what to look for, you can spot them everywhere.The fake UPS delivery address is the key and Paypal has been slow to develop a fix to stop the scamming. More attention needs to be directed towards the problem to protect the consumer. Don't use Paypal until they do.

Login to Me Too

psunique
Contributor
Contributor
I was also apparently scammed by dolltu. I sure wish I had seen this site before I placed the order. I agree there was a contact name and phone number. I received updates and a tracking number to be delivered by UPS. I filed a claim with PayPal and UPS. PayPal denied because it was delivered. When I saw in my email the product had been delivered and was met by a male I could have passed out thinking someone on my street saw the driver and accepted the pkg. when UPS showed up. I filed a claim and UPS cancelled the claim. I received a phone call stating they will investigate and I should hear something by June, this was May 15. If I had known the site, my information and everything would be gone by June, maybe I could have found something out. UPS is asking for the information on the shipping label. For all I know they shipped it to someone in this scam!! The site will not generate.
Login to Me Too

ghoov2
Contributor
Contributor

As my wife has reminded me (more than once) who considers herself a professional shopper, before placing an order, first check reviews and length of time a company has been in business. After the fact, my scam showed 2% approval rate and a 1 month in existence. Common sense would immediately signal NO.

I got my money back from my Citibank credit card but Paypal still has an open investigation going. They want to know why I unlinked my credit card from my Paypal account.  Duh! Paypal appears to be totally computer generated and I don't think there is any live people involved. Paypal is suppose to protect my personal information but they've been hacked themselves. At least when I dispute a credit card charge, I can talk to a live person even though he is home bound in Mumbi by Covid 19. But he was nice.

Login to Me Too

tuffbiker22
Contributor
Contributor

Yes same thing happened to me.  Placed order in May, was sent a tracking number says it was delivered on June 4th.  Got home no package, called post office and they said a 1.3 lb package was delivered but not to my address.  This was to be a wooden swing set I believe it would weigh more than 1lb 3 oz.

I hate Frauds and for Paypal to be supporting them.  I am about DONE WITH PAYPAL ALSO!!!

Login to Me Too

Jtee215
Contributor
Contributor
It happen to me by this fake company. Contact your USPS carrrier and ask them to write you a letter saying that it was a duplicate tracking and was not not delivered to your address. It must have the tracking number that they post up on PayPal. Once you have the letter message PayPal and upload the letter
Login to Me Too

elfshortyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Gu jiāmíng is also a major scammer. He did the same thing to me. I bought a youth kayak from him and I got a notice that the package was delivered. however the info said the package was 2 pounds. No kayak is only 2 pounds. I called ups to see what happened and they said the tracking number belonged to a completely different person and address. I filed a claim and was denied because there was a tracking number that said the package was delivered. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.