Scammed by buyer

mbar21
New Community Member

Second time seller here. I was selling a buyer a PS5 for retail, being a nice guy since my family decided they didn't want it. In retrospect I should've just returned it. Regardless, I got a message from someone on Facebook Marketplace saying they want it so I talked with them and got the number of their "brother" who was going to meet me outside of a bank to trade the item and for them to pay me via Paypal. Little did I know the number was a burner and the account was a fake. A few days later, a dispute was filed by the buyer via their bank stating they did not authorize the payment even though they literally met me in person. Paypal ruled in their favor even though I provided text messages and phone logs since they couldn't verify my transaction. Apparently pick-ups are not covered by seller protection and I lost $600 due to the ridiculous fees. I am trying to obtain security footage from the bank since Paypal shut down my ask of providing their bank information or filing an appeal. What else can I do?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.