Scammed by both Paypal and Seller

Laitan
Contributor
Contributor

I bought some clothes online from a fashion online retailer called Chicwish. If you have seen their adverts, stay away from them , their clothes look beautiful but you will be getting rags.

I opened a dispute with Paypal after failing to reach a satisfactory end with the seller, Paypal encouraged me to send the items back (to China) ,  they said they would refund the postage item back to China , up to a certain amount, so I did this gladly. 

I posted the items and sent my tracking details , but Paypal refused to refund it on the grounds that my tracking details were invalid. They would not explain any further than that. The tracking number clearly showed the item was on it's way to China. 

At this stage , I had lost both the initial amount of dispute and an additional £18 to post to China. 

4 months later, this posted item finds his way back to me, turns out the sellers refused to sign for it and sent it back instead. 

I feel like a fool, I am trying to get back my money and fighting for my consumer rights with 3 companies (Paypal, Chicwish and Royal Mail) I have made several formal complaints to Paypal and they refuse to do anything about it. Is this something I can report to a financial ombudsman? I absolutely want my money back. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laitan 

Did you pay with credit card? If so, try and file a dispute with them. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Laitan
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply, I paid with a credit card, due to the period of time this has gone on for ( initial transaction was in February, retailer shipping to me , me raising the disputes, returning the items to them , then they returned it back to me ) this has taken 7 months ..... I feel like the credit card company might say it's all too late now. But thanks for the tip, I'll check with them to be sure .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.