cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by aser co for daughters Christmas present

Contributor

Scammed by aser co for daughters Christmas present

Hi there I October I ordered a Halloween/ Christmas projector from Aser co off Facebook. The ad looked very professional and legitimate and my daughter really wanted the projector and used her pocket money to pay for it . Well right from the start I wasn't able to email the company and could only get hold of them on PayPal and I had fake tracking numbers . Finally over a month and the order shows up and I left it unwrapped and to open as. Surprise Christmas Eve . Well when it was opened it was a surprise as it was missing parts and the quality was so bad it made my daughter cry . I felt so bad as I encouraged her to buy it . Then I tried to file a dispute with PayPal and Without any notifications I then logon to see the dispute hs been closed and the sale Is ineligible for buyer protection ??My daughter paid $62.62 us for this piece of rubbish and I believe she is owed a refund and the company should be banned . I believe they are trading but under a different name . Can anyone help or provide advice on getting a refund and stopping this dodgy organisation from trading ?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Scammed by aser co for daughters Christmas present

@Missyaaa 

How did you pay was it goods/services OR friends/family? 

Which dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim within 20 days of opening the dispute.

How did you fund the paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Contributor

Hi The ad was on Facebook and I paid with PayPal through my credit card . I emailed the place several times and the email bounced back and the only way I could make contact is through pay pal. The item arrived in November but it was a present and wasn't opened until Christmas Eve . My daughter it we knew she was getting it and knew what it was meant to be . When she opened it and we put it up she cried and was so upset as it was nothing like the ad and there was no sheet . PayPal have ch aged the dispute and are contacting the organisation However I have noticed very bad reviews about the Aser co company who also trade under different names . I'm prepared to keep fighting this as I don't think it's right for companies like this to exist They keep changing their name also on Facebook and are selling same item . I'm determined not to let this go and will pursue the matter . It worked out to $92 Australian which is a lot of money for a price of $2 rubbish
Esteemed Advisor

@Missyaaa 

Thanks for answering 1 of my 4 questions.

If you don't get any luck with your new dispute then feel free to answer the other 3 questions for further advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Contributor

I too was scammed by Aser.co for the exact same item.  When I finally received the item all the box had in it was a plastic sheet that you hang in the window supposedly, and so far they said that's what I ordered.  No it wasn't.  The ad I saw had a projector with several different animation included AND that window screen.  Not only that but they charged me again a few weeks later, which I didn't order, but of course their email doesn't exist and their response was that I placed a second order.  But this time I received nothing at all.  How is this whole thing not a scam??  Total BS!  I am pursuing this through Pay-Pal and I agree with you, companies like this shouldn't exist.  Good luck in your quest for justice as well.  And Pay-Pal better do something or I will give them scathing reviews on the subject.

Contributor

Hi there I finally got my refund from PayPal but kept all evidence as it was a total rip off and my daughter was so upset . I couldn't even contact them and tried so many times they keep changing their names and printing same item so I will keep making comments on them to stop others from purchasing