Scammed by aser co for daughters Christmas present

Missyaaa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there I October I ordered a Halloween/ Christmas projector from Aser co off Facebook. The ad looked very professional and legitimate and my daughter really wanted the projector and used her pocket money to pay for it . Well right from the start I wasn't able to email the company and could only get hold of them on PayPal and I had fake tracking numbers . Finally over a month and the order shows up and I left it unwrapped and to open as. Surprise Christmas Eve . Well when it was opened it was a surprise as it was missing parts and the quality was so bad it made my daughter cry . I felt so bad as I encouraged her to buy it . Then I tried to file a dispute with PayPal and Without any notifications I then logon to see the dispute hs been closed and the sale Is ineligible for buyer protection ??My daughter paid $62.62 us for this piece of rubbish and I believe she is owed a refund and the company should be banned . I believe they are trading but under a different name . Can anyone help or provide advice on getting a refund and stopping this dodgy organisation from trading ?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Missyaaa 

How did you pay was it goods/services OR friends/family? 

Which dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim within 20 days of opening the dispute.

How did you fund the paypal payment?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Missyaaa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi The ad was on Facebook and I paid with PayPal through my credit card . I emailed the place several times and the email bounced back and the only way I could make contact is through pay pal. The item arrived in November but it was a present and wasn't opened until Christmas Eve . My daughter it we knew she was getting it and knew what it was meant to be . When she opened it and we put it up she cried and was so upset as it was nothing like the ad and there was no sheet . PayPal have ch aged the dispute and are contacting the organisation However I have noticed very bad reviews about the Aser co company who also trade under different names . I'm prepared to keep fighting this as I don't think it's right for companies like this to exist They keep changing their name also on Facebook and are selling same item . I'm determined not to let this go and will pursue the matter . It worked out to $92 Australian which is a lot of money for a price of $2 rubbish
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Missyaaa 

Thanks for answering 1 of my 4 questions.

If you don't get any luck with your new dispute then feel free to answer the other 3 questions for further advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CaptSprite
Contributor
Contributor

I too was scammed by Aser.co for the exact same item.  When I finally received the item all the box had in it was a plastic sheet that you hang in the window supposedly, and so far they said that's what I ordered.  No it wasn't.  The ad I saw had a projector with several different animation included AND that window screen.  Not only that but they charged me again a few weeks later, which I didn't order, but of course their email doesn't exist and their response was that I placed a second order.  But this time I received nothing at all.  How is this whole thing not a scam??  Total BS!  I am pursuing this through Pay-Pal and I agree with you, companies like this shouldn't exist.  Good luck in your quest for justice as well.  And Pay-Pal better do something or I will give them scathing reviews on the subject.

Login to Me Too

Missyaaa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there I finally got my refund from PayPal but kept all evidence as it was a total rip off and my daughter was so upset . I couldn't even contact them and tried so many times they keep changing their names and printing same item so I will keep making comments on them to stop others from purchasing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.