Scammed by abiluff.com

Lomja
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to order 1 outdoor slide climbing frame for toddler and had one item in my basket. After confirming transaction with PayPal credit, the confirmation received from PayPal showed I paid for two items. I tried to contact website but impossible to log in, my password kept being rejected. No reset link received. Dodgy contact address and website US/Vietnamese created only 8 days ago. Buyer email on receipt was just a gmail account. I opened a case for unauthorised transaction but PayPal closed the case saying it was an authorized one....I'm stuck and don't wanna pay £111 for items I will never receive...any help please? Thanks,
Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Captaininsano has managed to get PayPal to review his claim,and is awaiting their decision,he has also mentioned other people who have been scammed by abiluff

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

@Buster106 Just checked account & money has been refunded albeit 36p. I must say it is just a matter of perseverance.  Theres several similar threads on here all looking for refunds from abiluff. It appears Paypal are listening & trying to sort however new complainants are joining daily so it appears its still happening. Good luck to everyone. 

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

I hope people look at the community site before making a claim.i tried to email PayPal via help to see if they could review all claimants but it wouldn’t let me.thanks for persevering.its a shame we can’t get Abiluff’s website taken down

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email from PayPal.  This is what it said.

Dear Philippa Hopper,

We received the claim(s) you opened on 6 May 2020.

We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorised.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Learn More about PayPal Purchase Protection

Find out how your purchases are protected and how we investigate claims by clicking Security at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-64906217 

Transaction Amount: £26.99 GBP 

Dispute Amount: £26.99 GBP 

Transaction ID: 4GY901086A163993E 

Transaction Date: 6 May 2020

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

@Pip58 

Keep messaging them. Say you want to change your claim from unauthorised transaction to non delivery. Persevere, you will get there.

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Just had an update to the message I sent to them on Friday.  They will be contacting me in the next hour.  Let’s hope I’m not talking to another robot!  

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Hope you have some good news

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Any more news from PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately not. Had response to my appeal stating that my appeal has been declined. Trying to change it to goods not received.
Login to Me Too

Andyb56
New Community Member

I ordered some garden furniture from the site and again since paying PAYPAL I have had no satisfaction or any contact with the customer support section I am sure this is a scam. I raised this dispute with PAYPAL and they have as yet refused to take any action.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.