Scammed by abiluff.com

Lomja
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to order 1 outdoor slide climbing frame for toddler and had one item in my basket. After confirming transaction with PayPal credit, the confirmation received from PayPal showed I paid for two items. I tried to contact website but impossible to log in, my password kept being rejected. No reset link received. Dodgy contact address and website US/Vietnamese created only 8 days ago. Buyer email on receipt was just a gmail account. I opened a case for unauthorised transaction but PayPal closed the case saying it was an authorized one....I'm stuck and don't wanna pay £111 for items I will never receive...any help please? Thanks,
Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

You are lucky you got a reply from the seller

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying once more.  I have emailed PayPal again, although the terms and conditions state they won’t re open the case and allow me to change the reason for dispute.   I have also emailed Abiluff and issued some threats of reporting them to action fraud and the FCA - which I have actually already done.   If this doesn’t work, my next step is to contact my bank and request a “chargeback”.  

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

There are posts by joannamakinska who contacted PayPal via live chat and got the operator to send a request to reconsider case.also captaininsano who says to scroll down to bottom of PayPal page,click on CONTACT US then MESSAGE US AND REQUEST TO RECONSIDER CASE

Login to Me Too

joannamaksinska
Contributor
Contributor
I entered the chat, they answered my question automatically, I answered that it did not help me, then I was redirected to the chat with the paypal operator, for which I had 1 hour, in fact I waited 1 day. When he finally called me, he arranged everything for me. unfortunately you have to wait patiently for the operator
Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately this hasn’t helped. My appeal was declined. My advice to anyone is don’t use PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

I was never given that option on the robot virtual chat.  Can’t get to speak to an actual person at PayPal.  I will be cancelling with them and finding another provider of these services or pay with credit card.  Disgusting and appalling service. 

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

Pip, it should ask you if you want to speak to a member of their customer service team. It then transfers you but you have to wait. I kept messaging over a couple of days before finally getting a reply. I also emailed them and generally hassled them.

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

I am doing this now ...... and wait....... but in the meantime, have contacted FCA, action fraud, the scammy scummy sellers and now I am ringing the bank to see about chargeback. 

Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a response from PayPal declining my appeal. I have messaged them again. It takes 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

It is just totally wrong not to allow consumers the option to raise a dispute based on goods not received only because you raised a previous case for a fraudulent seller that they closed!  Anybody would think they have shares i this seller! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.