Scammed by abiluff.com

Lomja
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to order 1 outdoor slide climbing frame for toddler and had one item in my basket. After confirming transaction with PayPal credit, the confirmation received from PayPal showed I paid for two items. I tried to contact website but impossible to log in, my password kept being rejected. No reset link received. Dodgy contact address and website US/Vietnamese created only 8 days ago. Buyer email on receipt was just a gmail account. I opened a case for unauthorised transaction but PayPal closed the case saying it was an authorized one....I'm stuck and don't wanna pay £111 for items I will never receive...any help please? Thanks,
Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, that is the problem for many of us hence why we are all annoyed.  As soon as we realised we had been scammed we raised a case of fraud and PayPal just closed all our cases and now there isn’t an option to put in another dispute to say goods not received.  If there was we would be able to get our money back as you have. 

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

it looks like PayPal needs to review their policy when it comes to disputes and provide an option to alter reason for dispute

Login to Me Too

stevenwestbrook
Contributor
Contributor

i am going through my bank as i have got no were with the site which has been taken down now and i didnt have paypal acc but paid through paypal to them £155.98 it was secure site but i still got done, nothing has arrived ?

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

I wish you all the best

Login to Me Too

Duffers20
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same position as you paid through PayPal didn’t open an account until after I made my purchase. Have contacted PayPal via email they sent me an invoice about further information for my item, saying it had been shipped by China post??! Have emailed them to say this is a scam and I want my money back, I’ve received nothing since so I’m gonna have to go through the bank now. It’s an absolute disgrace that PayPal even associate with this company. I have reported to action fraud team too!
Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Have you raised a case with PayPal?  If you have,keep messaging the constantly.  They will pick it up  eventually and you also have an audit trail. i made the wrong decision of registering it as unauthorised transaction because I was trying to report is as fraud.  PayPal closed the case straight away, so I then nagged nagged and messaged them and eventually they reopened case and I got a full refund.  So keep messaging them and don’t give up. 

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

A week now and PayPal are still allowing people to be scammed! Why don’t they suspend the account and protect their customers?

Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately if you have already reported as fraud, then there is no option for goods not received. I don’t understand how a company can get away with this, they are effectively funding organised crime, with their inefficiency. I work in insurance, if an insurer did not perform checks etc, they would receive fines and the CEO could face a jail term. Why does PayPal allowed off the hook?
Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Then we have to report it to FCA https://www.fca.org.uk because PayPal are registered with them and they are accountable. Fill in the form and see what happens.  We might  not get our money back but they will lose their reputation and be held accountable. 

Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor
I have reported to both FCA and fraud action group. I have also named PayPal as a suspected negligent accomplice to the crime. I would also try twitter, I don’t have a twitter account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.