Scammed by abiluff.com

Lomja
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to order 1 outdoor slide climbing frame for toddler and had one item in my basket. After confirming transaction with PayPal credit, the confirmation received from PayPal showed I paid for two items. I tried to contact website but impossible to log in, my password kept being rejected. No reset link received. Dodgy contact address and website US/Vietnamese created only 8 days ago. Buyer email on receipt was just a gmail account. I opened a case for unauthorised transaction but PayPal closed the case saying it was an authorized one....I'm stuck and don't wanna pay £111 for items I will never receive...any help please? Thanks,
Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

joannamaksinska
Contributor
Contributor
when I assumed the case, unfortunately there was no item not receiver option, so I gave transaction transaction or something like that. The day after paypal finished my case without a refund, I contacted via chat with a man from paypal who sent a request to reconsider my case with item not received. After two days I received an email that the case was started and by 2 June she would let me know. A few hours later I received an email that the seller sent me a refund 😄 I hope you can get your money back, good luck! it taught us all a lesson 😣
Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, do you know how you get the chat option. Every time I try to find contact details it sends me back to FAQ.

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

Scroll down to the bottom of the Paypal page & click on CONTACT US. Then scroll down to MESSAGE US. A new window will open where you can message them. It's taken me a few days to actually speak to someone.

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

I am a little further on now. I've managed to speak to someone on Paypal messaging who has changed my claim from UNAUTHORISED to NON DELIVERY. They are contacting the "seller" for a response. Hopefully i'll get some resolution. I'll keep you posted. Remember if you've paid by credit or debit card then your bank will help you if Paypal don't.

Good luck all.

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,hope you have some success.hope others read your post

Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. That seems to have filed a dispute. Annoyingly I did try something like this a couple of days ago, but it didn’t work. Thanks again.
Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Glad I could help,let me know how you get on

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal have just messaged me to say they’re refunding me. Strangely its 36p short of what I paid. Not sure why they think they can charge me 36p so have queried that too. 
Stick with it guys, you will get resolution.

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Glad that you had success the 36p was  probably a charge to teach you to beware of getting scammed lol.glad you had a successful outcome

Login to Me Too

Sofia881
Contributor
Contributor
I messaged the seller like PayPal suggested .... and I'm very surprised to say, the seller refunded me straight away! I did write a stern message saying how diabolical their actions where scamming people especially during a crisis... I don't know if that worked in my favour lol. But worth a try! I hope you all successfully get refunds!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.