Scammed by abiluff.com

Lomja
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to order 1 outdoor slide climbing frame for toddler and had one item in my basket. After confirming transaction with PayPal credit, the confirmation received from PayPal showed I paid for two items. I tried to contact website but impossible to log in, my password kept being rejected. No reset link received. Dodgy contact address and website US/Vietnamese created only 8 days ago. Buyer email on receipt was just a gmail account. I opened a case for unauthorised transaction but PayPal closed the case saying it was an authorized one....I'm stuck and don't wanna pay £111 for items I will never receive...any help please? Thanks,
Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, myself and others initially reported this as a fraud and PayPal didn’t investigate and closed our cases and there is not an option to submit another dispute.  That is why lots of us are stuck in a situation where we are not getting a response from PayPal because they are useless and may lose out money. 

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

That’s exactly what I done and had refund within 30mins

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Try opening a case for goods not received 

Login to Me Too

Jfitzo
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently going through the same process.  I noticed the name changed to Hefei Yilai Trade Co Ltd.  I check my email to see if I had an order confirmation, which I did not.  I searched online and found loads of people with the same issue. 

My issue is this, the item I purchased (a breadmaker for £27) came up first on google search (By Google), giving the impression that this is legitimate.  Then I paid through paypal, without registering.  I have called my bank and cannot cancel the amount going through on my credit card (within 30 mins).  All these companies are meant to be there to help protect us.  Google should be aware that there is a phony seller appearing top on their search engine, only organisations which have been approved by PayPal can receive payment (or at least that was my understanding) and my credit card company should be aware of scam accounts and should have a blacklist.  If these measures are not in place, then I seriously need to ask why I use these facilities.  Why do I trust google to search for companies for me to buy products from, why do I need to use PayPal if they are not going to screen the organisations that they have set up to receive payments from and why do I use a credit card which does not have black listed accounts or cannot or are unwilling to stop transactions even when reported minutes after the event. 

To put it simple, if I don't get my way on this, I am cancelling my bank account and will put it with someone else, I will cancel my PayPal account as it is not fit for purpose as it does not protect me as I thought it did or I feel it should and allows fake companies to rip-off its own customers and I will not use google ever again to search for items to purchase.  Everyone who has had a similar experience should do the same.  Unfortunately the only way companies listen to us these days is if we hurt them with our wallets.

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid Abiluff directly by credit card you would be covered under section 75 of the consumer credit act and could claim pit back via your credit card company but because you paid by credit card via PayPal the transaction is considered not to be direct.  The fault is with PayPal because if you choose the wrong option, like I did (fraudulent activity on your account) they close the account because it actually wasn’t because we authorised the transaction, although it wasn’t our fault because it was the only options that they offered.  If we had chosen “item not received” they would have kept the case pending while they contacted the seller.  If you paid by debit card via PayPal you might be able to get a “chargeback” from your bank.   I have messaged PayPal for the 4th time and asked them to reopen the case or allow me to change my dispute option to “item not received”.  We appear to be a bit stuffed and apart from continuously messaging PayPal the only thing that I can do is wait to see what happens.  If I don’t get my money back I will cancel my PayPal account and just pay direct with a credit card in future.   I am really annoyed at PayPal and their customer service is atrocious. 

Login to Me Too

Captain_Insano
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation Pip. My bank has said I can claim from them and sent me the relevant form. I have to wait 15 days though before filing the claim. I thought PayPal was secure but as you I have messaged them and can’t get hold of anyone. Pointless having a PayPal account if it’s not secure and such poor customer service. Have to say I can see why Amazon is so successful, their customer service is amazing even during this pandemic.

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Damn Breadmakers!  I should have seen the signals!  If there are no breadmakers in the Uk ten there won’t be breadmakers anywhere else, but I was like a dog with a bone AND I got burnt twice!  The first one was with DOCUFRE and luckily I have a pending dispute with PayPal as all I received was a plastic eyeglass cleaner and I chose the option not received.   Then I saw the google ad for Abiluff and saw that it was based in Swansea, Wales and I took the bait.  I feel so stupid and furious with myself.  It’s not even about the money but more about the principle!  I have to wait because I chose pay after delivery but as there is no tracking I don’t see how PayPal would be able to confirm that?  I can’t even cancel my PayPal account yet.  Good luck with getting your money back -  oh!  I have reported Abiluff to action frAud and I may also report PayPal to the FCA as they are registered with them.  

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

I also thought it would be safe as they were based in Swansea,only when payment went out to a Chinese company I started getting suspicious.i had not received confirmation of order or despatch date,tried contacting them but no answer.that was when I raised a dispute for goods not delivered,and FairPlay to PayPal they refunded me within 30mins

Login to Me Too

jamesbishop11
New Community Member
also scammed can i get my money back?
Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Raise a dispute with PayPal for goods not received.if they ask for receipt or proof say that you were not sent confirmation of order.i did this this morning at approx 6.20 within 30 mins I had a refund.do not go for fraudulent claim as you give your PayPal details to purchase.i had only ordered mt goods 3 days ago

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.