Scammed by abiluff.com

Lomja
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to order 1 outdoor slide climbing frame for toddler and had one item in my basket. After confirming transaction with PayPal credit, the confirmation received from PayPal showed I paid for two items. I tried to contact website but impossible to log in, my password kept being rejected. No reset link received. Dodgy contact address and website US/Vietnamese created only 8 days ago. Buyer email on receipt was just a gmail account. I opened a case for unauthorised transaction but PayPal closed the case saying it was an authorized one....I'm stuck and don't wanna pay £111 for items I will never receive...any help please? Thanks,
Login to Me Too
103 REPLIES 103

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed by Abiluff,after reading poor reviews,I contacted PayPal 3 days after placing my order.within 30 mins of submitting my claim I had a full refund.well done PayPal

Login to Me Too

Shay117
Contributor
Contributor
Also had the same problem, bought an item last night and payment has been taken but the website is no longer available, I opened a case with PayPal they have till 25th may to respond
Login to Me Too

Nika_V
New Community Member

Thank you for sharing this, your post prevented me from paying this scam web site.

Login to Me Too

Lomja
Contributor
Contributor
I'm glad you checked before...such situation is so time consuming and frustrating ...I can't get hold of a human being working at PayPal to deal correctly with my issue...
Login to Me Too

Kazzy26
New Community Member
I’ve had the same, I’ve paid for a birthday present for my son that he wanted and now I can’t get it for him as I’ve paid but no conformation nothing so sad that they can do this!
Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Done a bit of research and if you paid via bank credit card via PayPal, you are not covered under section 75 of consumer credit act.  If you paid by PayPal credit you are covered under section 75.  If you paid by bank debit card via PayPal you can contact your bank and ask for a “chargeback”.  The bank will then try and claw your money back.  Give it a go.  

Login to Me Too

Westy56
New Community Member
I have also been scammed by abiluff.com so straight away i opened a case about this but wrongly titled it as unauthorised transaction so now the case has been closed and no refund. I wanted to title it suspected fraudulent seller but there was no option! There's no chance of speaking to someone on the phone due to covid-19 so i have managed to message through the paypal website but still currently waiting for a response.
Login to Me Too

alice1001
Contributor
Contributor

I had this exact same thing.. have paid £460 via paypal - luckily through my AMEX. Raised the unauthorized payment and paypal closed it saying no case... the payment has come from my card yet so hoping AMEX will be able to help (but apparently only once payment cleared and not 'pending'). Paypal not at all helpful - not sure how to contest or change to 'goods not received' as ultimately this is what will happen! 

Login to Me Too

Pip58
Contributor
Contributor

Done a bit of research and if you paid via bank credit card via PayPal, you are not covered under section 75 of consumer credit act.  If you paid by PayPal credit you are covered under section 75.  If you paid by bank debit card via PayPal you can contact your bank and ask for a “chargeback”.  The bank will then try and claw your money back.  Give it a go.

Login to Me Too

Buster106
Contributor
Contributor

Try goods not received 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.