Scammed by Zhixin Trading Co., Ltd.

SummerWind
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a "2020 NEW Recliner Luxury Camping Chair" from Zhixin Trading Co., Ltd. for $29.99 plus $7.99 shipping. I stated that I wanted grey fabric, and blue metal. This item was to come in a zipped pouch.

What arrived was a joke! It is a 6" X 8" folding stool. Nothing like the item I ordered. I contacted them, and their reply was that i ordered the 'chair without a backrest'. There was no option for a back rest, it is built in to the chair.  They told me that for an additional $69.99 they would send me the $29.99 chair I ordered and already paid $37.98 for with my Paypal account. There was no reasoning with them. They did not admit they mailed the wrong item, instead they told me I ordered the wrong item. What I ordered is printed on my receipt.

I contacted Paypal and explained the whole thing to them. They quickly shut the case down, siding with Zhixin, saying that Zhixin had proof of delivery!

So folks, beware! A vendor can send you anything they want, whether it is what you ordered/paid for or not. It could be an empty envelope. Paypal will side with the vendor! Incredible!

I contacted my credit card bank and they told me I had to go through Paypal.

Paypal endorses these scammers.

FWIW, I am not the only person Zhixin did this to. Shame on you Paypal.IMG_0212(2).jpgThis is what I orderedThis is what I orderedThis is what I got that Paypal is OK with!This is what I got that Paypal is OK with!

Login to Me Too
67 REPLIES 67

duggie88
Contributor
Contributor

I got ripped off as well. At least you got a stool I got two canvas bags. When I emailed the company with an attachment showing what I bought ion their own words they just said I ordered two canvas bags for the $39.98 and if I want one chair that would cost around $116.00. PayPal sent me an email stating they resolved my issue and iof I send the bags back the company will refund my money. Yeah right, like I'm going to lay trust with this company. I feel since they sent the wrong item they should pay to send them back. Ever try to get a real human being at PayPal? you have a better chance of winning the lottery. Even if you don't play. I couldn't even find a way to send PayPal a copy of my receipt. I see some remarks that you should be aware of where the company is located. There was never any indication that this company was from China or else I would have never took the chance. I realize it is not PayPals fault but you would think they would stop dealing with these con artists so as to protect the people that use them.

duggie88

Login to Me Too

kdawn002
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an email to the company and to Paypal but of course haven't heard anything back. I am going to contact my bank and see if they can do anything. It's not like these items cost $1. I work hard for my money and I was really looking forward to those chairs that I ordered. I hate being ripped off and I know everyone else does too. There HAS to be something that can be done to stop this. 

Login to Me Too

HoboPoet
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me, my case was closed because the trading company sent a tracking #. I complained and the case was reopened, they forced me to return the items. I did and supplied the tracking #. When I asked how to be reimbursed for the money to return the micro tables—the literal same amount as the product that I purchased and never receiced—Paypal closed the case and gave me refund for the chairs. They told me that I have to contact the company—that scammed me and never responds to the folks they scam—to get reimbursed to return their merchandise. So I am right back where I started. 

This is a joke. 

Login to Me Too

pottman
Contributor
Contributor

I commented earlier that the same thing happened to me and PayPal was absolutely no help.  I then contacted my credit card company and they were VERY AWARE of this scam and company so they were helpful.  The advised me to email the company and tell them that I wanted to return the item and then to wait a couple of days and if I didn't get a reply to then call them back and file a claim.  So I did that and I got a BS email from Zhixin basically saying that they were sorry I did not have a good customer experience but they checked my order and I had ordered a medium chair with no back and that if I wanted the "Luxury, reclining camping chair" that I would have to send them an additional $69.99.  I replied that I would like a copy of the invoice since the invoice I had from Paypal, which I sent to them in the email, clearly stated that I purchased the Luxury camping chair.  After that it was crickets, so I contacted my credit card company again, gave them all the latest updates of which I have proof and my account has been credited.  They also commented how PayPal has been less than helpful in these situations so the only solution is what I did.  I hope this helps everyone and that we all get our money back from this scammer and PayPal should be ashamed of themselves since clearly there is a HUGE problem with this company based on all these negative reviews.

Login to Me Too

SummerWind
Contributor
Contributor

I received the exact same reply! Just send an additional $70 and I will get what I already paid for. lol

Login to Me Too

LJanik1
Contributor
Contributor

I also have been scammed by this company.  I ordered 2 Premium Portable Camping Folding Lawn Chairs with Canopy - COVERED HIGH-GRADE PORTABLE CAMPING FOLDING LA $19.99 USD 2 $39.98 USD Total $39.98 USD.  I received a notice that a shipment was coming my way.  I got a small plastic bag filled with 2 small blue canvas bags with black handles.  They are not even big enough to hold a chair in them.  That is all I got!  I made a claim and it was closed because Zhixin Trading Co., Ltd provided proof of delivery!  What a bunch of crap!  I am so angry!  Do not buy from this company.  It is all a scam.  After reading all of the complaints about this company, Paypal should be banning them from doing business.  I want justice done and this company prosecuted for all of the false merchandise they are sending out.

IMG_1301.jpg

Login to Me Too

LindaQuinn
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what I received.
Login to Me Too

Maisiemoo
Contributor
Contributor

Similar thing happened to me. Been fighting this for months. PayPal boast that your money is safe with them. Definitely is not. They are wholly on the side of the seller. The number of complaints about this company should make PP think seriously about stopping their account, but they won’t. I am in UK and am about to report both PP & Zhixin to Trading Standards and Financial Regulators to look into the apparent collusion between the 2 companies.

Login to Me Too

LindaQuinn
Contributor
Contributor
I also had this problem and I'm also really angry at PayPal who solved the resolution in their favour. I'm $40 out of pocket and this company are happily taking all our money with no comeback. Come on PayPal stand up for your customers.
Login to Me Too

HoboPoet
Contributor
Contributor
If you keep complaining, calling and emailing they will reopen and find in your favor. They deny the first time, hoping that you don't take it further.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.