Scammed by Zhixin Trading Co., Ltd.

SummerWind
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a "2020 NEW Recliner Luxury Camping Chair" from Zhixin Trading Co., Ltd. for $29.99 plus $7.99 shipping. I stated that I wanted grey fabric, and blue metal. This item was to come in a zipped pouch.

What arrived was a joke! It is a 6" X 8" folding stool. Nothing like the item I ordered. I contacted them, and their reply was that i ordered the 'chair without a backrest'. There was no option for a back rest, it is built in to the chair.  They told me that for an additional $69.99 they would send me the $29.99 chair I ordered and already paid $37.98 for with my Paypal account. There was no reasoning with them. They did not admit they mailed the wrong item, instead they told me I ordered the wrong item. What I ordered is printed on my receipt.

I contacted Paypal and explained the whole thing to them. They quickly shut the case down, siding with Zhixin, saying that Zhixin had proof of delivery!

So folks, beware! A vendor can send you anything they want, whether it is what you ordered/paid for or not. It could be an empty envelope. Paypal will side with the vendor! Incredible!

I contacted my credit card bank and they told me I had to go through Paypal.

Paypal endorses these scammers.

FWIW, I am not the only person Zhixin did this to. Shame on you Paypal.IMG_0212(2).jpgThis is what I orderedThis is what I orderedThis is what I got that Paypal is OK with!This is what I got that Paypal is OK with!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SummerWind 

Comments are meaningless if you opened the wrong dispute.

If you opened non receipt and the seller provided tracking then of course they would win.

Non receipt disputes are mostly automated, seller provides tracking then seller wins.

You had the option to open the correct dispute OR change the dispute FROM non receipt TO not as described if it turned up and was tat.

Paypal gives you some buyer protection but you need to do your part in opening the correct options. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
67 REPLIES 67

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SummerWind 

If the claim was closed because the seller had proof of delivery then you must have opened a dispute for non receipt of item.

You should have opened a dispute for item received but not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SummerWind
Contributor
Contributor

I thoroughly explained what happened in the comments section. If they had taken the time to read what I wrote they would know that I did not get what I ordered. Paypal is aiding and abetting these thieves. I am disgusted. Paypal offers no way to get in touch with them once they close a case. Imagine how much money these crooks are making by mailing some crap that you didn't order, and still getting paid. Criminal. Shame on Paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SummerWind 

Comments are meaningless if you opened the wrong dispute.

If you opened non receipt and the seller provided tracking then of course they would win.

Non receipt disputes are mostly automated, seller provides tracking then seller wins.

You had the option to open the correct dispute OR change the dispute FROM non receipt TO not as described if it turned up and was tat.

Paypal gives you some buyer protection but you need to do your part in opening the correct options. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ChrisS398
Contributor
Contributor
Why doesn’t PayPal reopen the case once you inform them that yes a package was delivered but it was not what was ordered. I too checked item not received and the sides in favor of seller. I ordered two beach chairs and received two useless nylon sleeves for tiny kids chairs.
Login to Me Too

MadAsHell8
Contributor
Contributor
I had the exact same scam done to me! Ordered 2 chairs and received 2 covers
Login to Me Too

Templar29
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same happened to me, because Zhixin Trading Co., Ltd. had proof of delivery (not the canvas bag that was actually delivered) PayPal sided with these con artists!

Login to Me Too

Jenlosen
Contributor
Contributor
I opened the right one and provided photos and the company is still asking me to send back at my expense before the refund. It will cost more than the refund
Login to Me Too

HoboPoet
Contributor
Contributor

I returned the two stools and was told, afterwards, that I would not be reimbursed for the shipping, which was as much as the chairs. 

Login to Me Too

kodamady
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see how this is a solution.  I bought the item thinking PayPal does some screening of their sellers.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.