cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by Xundarui Tech.

Contributor

Scammed by Xundarui Tech.

I fell for their "life size" Santa extensively advertised on FaceBook. They heavily promoted the item.. and their website said it would be sent out from a local warehouse and the customer would have it in 3-4 days. I ordered it on Nov 17th. Cancelled it on the 24th - they ignored me. I contacted PayPal on Nov 24th.. They shipped it on Dec 4th.  Well, the item arrived today, in a banged up package shipped from China. It was advertised as "life size" .. 72" ..It is a scary, wobbly head disjointed piece of junk.  I have written them requesting a refund.. however knowing they ignored my request to cancel, I am not holding my breath. I am surprised that PalPal does business with them.  Buyer beware. 

6 REPLIES 6
Contributor

Re: Scammed by Xundarui Tech.

Realized I didn't mention it is about 20 inches tall...such a joke. 

Contributor

I did exactly the same as you, I ordered on Nov 20th, tried to cancel 2 weeks later, no response. 
I received the ugliest thing ever 2 days ago, it’s such a joke. There is no way to reach the company. I wish I could attach photos on here of what I was buying and what I was sent. 

Contributor

I know... the head wobbles... it isn't even the same skin color as the rest of the "thing". And no, the company doesn't respond... however when I posted on their FB page my posting was promptly removed and I was blocked from anymore postings. 

Contributor

I initially disputed it with PayPal because it did not arrive in the time frame advertised. It finally arrived 2 months late... and now I will have to dispute it as a totally fraudulent scam. It is not what they advertised, at all. I have done some research and found that their picture was a stolen ad from Neiman Marcus.    PayPal has not offered a resolution yet, they keep moving the date out. Very frustrating!

Contributor

When I filed a dispute with PayPal, I immensely got a message saying that it didn’t qualify for their protection coverage.  I have written several times, and they haven’t responded to my question, why doesn’t it qualify?

I have posted pictures and the whole story on my FB page. 

Contributor

Hi  @Dmb5792    FYI I joined “Facebook Ad Scambusters” and learned that the picture for the santa was actually stolen out of a Neiman Marcus ad… (theirs sold for 1k… hahah.)