Scammed by Xundarui Tech.

CCKathy
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for their "life size" Santa extensively advertised on FaceBook. They heavily promoted the item.. and their website said it would be sent out from a local warehouse and the customer would have it in 3-4 days. I ordered it on Nov 17th. Cancelled it on the 24th - they ignored me. I contacted PayPal on Nov 24th.. They shipped it on Dec 4th.  Well, the item arrived today, in a banged up package shipped from China. It was advertised as "life size" .. 72" ..It is a scary, wobbly head disjointed piece of junk.  I have written them requesting a refund.. however knowing they ignored my request to cancel, I am not holding my breath. I am surprised that PalPal does business with them.  Buyer beware. 

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

CCKathy
Contributor
Contributor

Realized I didn't mention it is about 20 inches tall...such a joke. 

Login to Me Too

Dmb5792
Contributor
Contributor

I did exactly the same as you, I ordered on Nov 20th, tried to cancel 2 weeks later, no response. 
I received the ugliest thing ever 2 days ago, it’s such a joke. There is no way to reach the company. I wish I could attach photos on here of what I was buying and what I was sent. 

Login to Me Too

CCKathy
Contributor
Contributor

I know... the head wobbles... it isn't even the same skin color as the rest of the "thing". And no, the company doesn't respond... however when I posted on their FB page my posting was promptly removed and I was blocked from anymore postings. 

Login to Me Too

CCKathy
Contributor
Contributor

I initially disputed it with PayPal because it did not arrive in the time frame advertised. It finally arrived 2 months late... and now I will have to dispute it as a totally fraudulent scam. It is not what they advertised, at all. I have done some research and found that their picture was a stolen ad from Neiman Marcus.    PayPal has not offered a resolution yet, they keep moving the date out. Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Dmb5792
Contributor
Contributor

When I filed a dispute with PayPal, I immensely got a message saying that it didn’t qualify for their protection coverage.  I have written several times, and they haven’t responded to my question, why doesn’t it qualify?

I have posted pictures and the whole story on my FB page. 

Login to Me Too

CCKathy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  @Dmb5792    FYI I joined “Facebook Ad Scambusters” and learned that the picture for the santa was actually stolen out of a Neiman Marcus ad… (theirs sold for 1k… hahah.) 

Login to Me Too

CCKathy
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update.. PayPal closed my case and is refunding my money.. I had written them again and sent them pictures of the stolen ad from Neiman Marcus and a picture of the "thing" I received.   Obviously not what was advertised. It takes time to work through these.. but case closed. Thank you PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Dmb5792
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for letting me know.  I will try again.

Login to Me Too

Dmb5792
Contributor
Contributor

Thank-you PayPal! After opening an official claim, they were able to get my money back. I received a full refund from Xundarui Tech..  I have to say, it wasn’t easy, and I was denied 6 times on a dispute. No one from PayPal suggested I file a claim. I didn’t know the difference until I read the agreement though about 3 times, but the claim process worked. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.