New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I have been the most recent victim of TaruSoft, who is an internet company that supposedly deals in discount furniture and household goods. Unfortunately, I trusted them because they accept PayPal as payment and I thought my PayPal transactions are protected. So wrong!! Apparently PayPal will continue giving your money to scam companies no matter how many customers have complained in the past. Have you been scammed by this company and were you able to get your monkey back?
As the website is probably in China and China isn't bothered about there companies selling fakes or ripping folks off then not sure who you think is going to remove the website???
Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.
They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.
The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.