Scammed by TSL

KendraO
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered shoe organizer boxes based on a video I saw on FB. The product that caught my eye were hard, durable plastic with a hinged door that when opened slid out a tray on which you put your shoes. I clicked on “purchase here” (which took me to TSL) & bought what I thought was in the video. A few months later I received crappy, flimsy plastic assembly required boxes, without a hinged door or tray. TOTAL BAIT AND SWITCH. They offered 20% of my purchase price refunded & I keep the crappy product. When I refused they did not respond. So I escalated my claim at PayPal. Now they are willing to give 100% refund if I ship product back to china. Shipping rates to China will eat up entire refund (it’s $16 per ounce). That is what they are counting on. They ship damaged or shoddy merchandise & know that no one will take their offer. I have escalated again and I encourage others to do the same. Call PayPa[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] and file a complaint against this company. They are investigating if they need to end TSL’s use of PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KendraO 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KendraO 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KendraO
Contributor
Contributor
Based on this experience, I understand I need to research websites more thoroughly. Actually I’ve decided to stop buying from anywhere except amazon or an American based company. TSL website actually appeared legitimate, as did the confirmation emails. It’s not the website, it is the product they sent. I am asking that PayPal to look at all of the community members that have experienced the same bait & switch...TSL should not be allowed to use PayPal platform to scam consumers. It would seem to me that this company is costing PayPal as well — considering time employees are spending working with irate customers, other costumers who are leaving PayPal all together & the money that PayPal is going to lose when we use our banks protection to refund the money. Thanks for the solution that is not really a solution at all.
Login to Me Too

Chick77
New Community Member
I was scammed by tsl.com Ltd ive tried emailing ive tried the resolution center, no one is interested in helping. I don't see why I should then have to contact my bank and ask them to help, when by the looks of it hundreds if not more people have made a complaint about this company.. ans yet PayPal say its not their issue.. it is actually we use your service and use our money thata meant to protect the buyer from cowboys **bleep**ing joke
Login to Me Too

JimMLA
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this same problem.  So frustrating.  They said I purchased the wrong product yet there is only one option on their website.  Allegedly, there is a sturdier version and a flimsy version, which they both feature on their website - yet there is only one option to purchase.  And Pay Pal has been useless.  I am going to file a claim with the internet crime division of the FBI.  Pay Pal gave me this as an option: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Login to Me Too

JimMLA
Contributor
Contributor

That’s exactly what happened to me - and they gave me the same response.  I filed a claim with that same site Pay Pal recommended.  And I agree.  PayPal has been useless.  They should no longer support this merchant.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.