Scammed by Sundolphinshop.com

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Sundolphin Aruba 10 kayak from Sundolphinshop.com during a supposed 80% off sale on 10/24 for $79.99 using my PayPal account. It's already complete on my activity page with PayPal. Therefore, I can't cancel it. I sent and email to the website to cancel within 2 hours after the transaction with no response. I called the number listed which was a bogus number. I am now trying to stop payment of the PayPal transaction with my bank which is in a pending status in my account. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I believe it is a total scam. 

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

jeem51
Contributor
Contributor
I went to the chat help on PayPal and they helped refund me.
Login to Me Too

OUTAGIN
Contributor
Contributor

I, too, went to look for kayaks and thought this $79.99 was a great deal since it was near to the holidays.  Everything looked soooo authentic until when I hit the pay button and didn't get a confirmation from them, I looked into it more.  I tried calling the number they had listed on the web page and found it belonged to another company who stated they had no idea what the correct number was.  I immediately went on to the website through a different search engine and found the word SCAMMERZ written all over the page.  Yes, they used the Z in scammers.  I've even tried to email the person with no response.  The email must be legit because it didn't come back as undeliverable.  I called PayPal and they told me they couldn't do anything about it since I authorized payment to them.  I opened 4 disputes with PayPal and they denied each one!  I thought PayPal did their due diligence on paying out vendors.  I called the bank and they have this in their dispute mode at this point.  It's a shame that these scammers but a bad mark on a good product---Sun Dolphin Kayaks.

Login to Me Too

Meahaaq
Contributor
Contributor

Beware this is the new scam site <removed>

Login to Me Too

Mamatuffy1
Contributor
Contributor
I got my money refunded from PayPal. I contacted UPS who confirmed the tracking number showed it was not delivered to me. I then called PayPal resolution center and asked for a supervisor. I told her how I was scammed and she contacted UPS so they could tell her I received no item from that tracking number. I was refunded immediately. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Lrr1929
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately, I fell for it, too. Because of fear of loss, I did not look farther into the site until after I made the purchase. Then I disputed it with PayPal that same day. I gave them all the info every one had provided in this thread, the real owner of the bogus phone #, map of address that didn't exist, the real Sun Dolphin website, screens shoots of everything! They still denied my claim bc the fraud seller gave bogus tracking: tracking to same city, sent 2 says after purchase of a 44 lb kayak, with the ups package weight of 2 lbs according to the tracking. I then emailed spoof@paypal.com all this info to no avail. Chase did a better job taking care of the customer than PayPal. I cannot believe PayPal is allowing them to process payments. I definitely do NOT feel secure with PayPal anymore.
Login to Me Too

aplu
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same unfortunate experience with sundolphinshop.com and was able to successfully argue with PayPal to resolve the case in my favor, albeit after two (!) prior rejections. I believe what helped me was a proof that the bogus tracking number was associated with a wrong name and address. In my case, it was USPS who handled the shipment, and I have the Informed Delivery account with USPS, which shows all packages I'm about to receive, or have received recently, including their tracking numbers. The bogus tracking number wasn't one of them. I made a timed and dated screenshot of this account page and sent it to PayPal (there is an option to include files in their Messages app), and got my case resolved in my favor the next day. I believe UPS has a similar feature but for both USPS and UPS, you have to be enrolled in these services beforehand. It may also be possible to get a written affidavit from either shipping company that the package was sent to the name and address other than yourself, and send that to PayPal. Hopefully this helps. Sorry for your trouble.

Login to Me Too

aplu
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same unfortunate experience with sundolphinshop.com and was able to successfully argue with PayPal to resolve the case in my favor, albeit after two (!) prior rejections. I believe what helped me was a written proof that the bogus tracking number was associated with a wrong name and address. In my case, it was USPS who handled the shipment, and I have the Informed Delivery account with USPS, which displays all packages I'm about to receive, or have received recently, including their tracking numbers. I made a timed and dated screenshot of this account page showing that the bogus tracking number wasn't one of them, and sent it to PayPal (there is an option to include files in their Messages app), and got my case resolved in my favor the next day. I believe UPS has a similar feature but for both USPS and UPS, you have to be enrolled in these services beforehand. It may also be possible to get a written affidavit from either shipping company that the package was sent to the name and address other than yourself, and send that to PayPal. Hopefully this helps. Sorry for your trouble.

Login to Me Too

Jlc657
Contributor
Contributor
I just got this in a message from PayPal. Hope it helps you guys. I lost out on one of my disputes. You must secure documentation from the UPS an intranet form or confirmation documents if you still don't receive the product because the seller has provided a tracking number that shows delivered to the same city and state. It will serve as a support for your claim and we just need help from you to get an Intranet form from the shipping company because they will not share that information to a third party like PayPal. Kindly provide your address and phone number to the shipping company and they will confirm that the tracking is not really intended for your address nor for you. This case might be closed in seller's favor because of the tracking, but we can always appeal if you have the documentation from the shipping company. You can upload the documents here or you may go directly to resolution center. If the case was closed and you must appeal, here is how If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you can do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps: 1.Log in to your PayPal account. 2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account,' click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center. 3.Select Closed cases in the drop-down menu and find the claim you wish to view. 4.Click Appeal in the action column. 5.Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions. Note: The Appeal button will only be available for 10 days after case closure. You can always check your email so that I can keep you updated with the case. Please reply to this thread with the Intranet form so that I can upload it to the case for you. Just attach it here using the attachment button or the paper clip button. You can also just send a copy of an email from UPS with their logo that confirms that this item was delivered to another address with your complete address and your name as it appears on your PayPal account. Thank you for being the best part of PayPal. Enjoy your day and stay safe with your family. Feel free to reply whenever you're ready. When you reply, one of our available agents or I will continue to help you.
Login to Me Too

Burlingtony
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed in the same way - by the same site. It to me to PayPal to pay - and then nothing. Didn’t receive an invoice or anything. Only connection I got is a foreign looking email account related to PayPal. I notified PayPal to cancel it - and was told to wait it out to see if I would get the item. Seller provided some tracking # which shows something delivered to my address - but I received nothing. It said it was a one pound package. Guess what ? PayPal just denied my claim. And yet - numerous people got ripped off by the same guy ? Seller ID is Zeynep <removed> <removed>

Login to Me Too

Pookie2112
Contributor
Contributor

My neighbor got scammed by the Sundolphin Scam too. Paypal gave her the money back a month ago. So why can't they do the same for me???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.