Scammed by Sundolphinshop.com

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Sundolphin Aruba 10 kayak from Sundolphinshop.com during a supposed 80% off sale on 10/24 for $79.99 using my PayPal account. It's already complete on my activity page with PayPal. Therefore, I can't cancel it. I sent and email to the website to cancel within 2 hours after the transaction with no response. I called the number listed which was a bogus number. I am now trying to stop payment of the PayPal transaction with my bank which is in a pending status in my account. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I believe it is a total scam. 

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

Meahaaq
Contributor
Contributor
I got a list of all the deliveries made to my address for the particular time frame from UPS and submitted it to PayPal as proof that the fake tracking number that sundolpinshop provided was not a delivery to my address I hope this helps you
Login to Me Too

Tmongillo
New Community Member
They are worthless. They continue to let this guy win by not helping to **bleep** him down.
Login to Me Too

Molmolgal
I’m up for that class action lawsuit! PayPal sent me a message today saying they approved my claim against the company all I had to do was send back my kayak and I would get my money back once the company approved my return! What a load of crap! It’s hard to return something that was never sent!
Login to Me Too

jeem51
Contributor
Contributor
Yes PayPal doesn’t give a **bleep**, even after I called them and explained it all they denied my request.
Login to Me Too

BettyAD
Contributor
Contributor
Scammers outsmarting PayPal!! I started a case and resolution : PayPal sided with scammers because they provided a phony tracking number...trackinf doesn't even have my address. It says the package weighted 1 lb...for a Kayak!! puh-lease!
Login to Me Too

Jlc657
Contributor
Contributor
I did too. They sent a tracking number as delivered. I called ups and asked if the seller or my info matched to the tracking number and it didn’t. They are getting their hands on Amazon tracking numbers with your zip code. My package was allegedly 0.8 pounds. I did dispute the case with PayPal and they closed the case in my favor. Collect your data and dispute. I have good faith in PayPal resolution team for those of you that haven’t used it.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201221j

I was scammed for a kayak as well.  I received a shipping confirmation for a 2.4 pound package delivered to "the front door" of the city I live in.  No house address was given.  I filed a complaint with Paypal and am waiting for resolution.  I have no idea why Paypal tolerates this fraudulent activity.   I also filed an Internet Crime Complaint with the FBI.  I hope they shut-down the Sundolphinstore website for good.   

Login to Me Too

ScammedinPA
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal isn't doing anything to help me.  I contacted two different representatives and I also opened an unauthorized activity claim because there was nowhere to click on the deny payment link they told me I could do once the scammer collected the money.  They told me that they could not stop the payment although only 10 minutes passed from the time I paid for the fraudulent item and the time I called them.  I realized the scam immediately when I went to review the order to check for estimated shipping time.  There were three orders, all different numbers all to Paypal, the phone number called cancels each time, and I did not get an email, and I can not view my order.

I contacted the BBB, the BBB Scam Tracker, Federal Trade Commission, and FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.

Login to Me Too

bevsfolly
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed.  I contacted PayPal the following morning.  Needless to say, they have denied my two cases.  I now have to appeal. Bogus UPS delivery proof sent to PayPal.  Sundolphin wins again and PayPal ignores all our comments. 

Login to Me Too

MartyT1932
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a kayak from SUNDOLPHINSHOP on Nov. 7, 2020, using my credit card.  I quickly realized this may be a scam, called my credit card company to dispute the charge.  The kayak weighed over 30#.  The CC company contacted the merchant who provided a (fake) UPS delivery notice, for something that weighed one pound, (which we have no recollection of receiving).  So SUNDOLPHINSHOP somehow fakes a UPS delivery notice.  Since nothing is described on the sales sheet or the UPS notice, there is no way to show what actually was bought.  The CC company then validated the purchase with no indication of what was purchased.  BEWARE.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.