Scammed by Sundolphinshop.com

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Sundolphin Aruba 10 kayak from Sundolphinshop.com during a supposed 80% off sale on 10/24 for $79.99 using my PayPal account. It's already complete on my activity page with PayPal. Therefore, I can't cancel it. I sent and email to the website to cancel within 2 hours after the transaction with no response. I called the number listed which was a bogus number. I am now trying to stop payment of the PayPal transaction with my bank which is in a pending status in my account. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I believe it is a total scam. 

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

Sundolphinscam
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is worthless. I called them on Nov 6th. Literally seconds after I fell for this scam. I told them it was a scam. They said wait until the scammer gets their money, then and only then can we dispute. What a joke! I got you all beat though, my " kayak" was " delivered" down the road at the humane society and get this, it was only 7 ounces. Anyway today got email from paypal that dispute was denied because "merchant" had tracking number. Im going to post office nov 20. They said they could give me documentation that package was not delivered to my house and only weighed 7 ounces. I will send info to paypal and visa but to be honest they act like they could careless. I mean we already contacted paypal and told them about the scam tracking number before they denied our claim. They denied because of the fraudulent tracking number duhhhhh. Hopefully I get somewhere when I send the post office information but really its impossible to speak to anyone at paypal. Its a joke. Class action law suite any one? Oh I also contacted amazon because the tracking number had a return address for amazon. They also may have some information. I suggest everyone do the same lets nail these scum bags. Come on paypal your whole reputation is that people wont get ripped off. Do the right thing.
Login to Me Too

clickityclack
Contributor
Contributor
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I also fell for this scam. I also realized it almost immediately based on the same red flags as others have mentioned and initiated a PayPal dispute minutes after the purchase on October 30th. The seller uploaded a tracking # on November 5th and PayPal was "reviewing" this information until November 15th when PayPal then requested additional info from the seller. Seller was given until November 18th to respond (guess it is by midnight pst) and they haven't responded as of this post. It seems PayPal is placing more scrutiny on these fraudulent transactions now or at least they seem to be doing more with mine than what others have posted. I would hope this is in response to the overwhelming evidence available online (increasing each day) that these people are clearly stealing incredible amounts of money and PayPal is helping them do it. Just FYI for everyone who didn't get a satisfactory resolution through PayPal - I am an attorney and am prepared to initiate a class action lawsuit on behalf of all PayPal account holders who have suffered financial damages as a result of this or similar scams. If you know others who were also victims of a scam such as this where PayPal accepted fake tracking info/proof of shipment please let them know to keep an eye on this thread. I will provide an update once I hear back from PayPal again.
Login to Me Too

Mwhitejasp
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a report on the FBI website. It appears Sundolphinshop.com has been shut down and they reopened another store under a new name Sundolphinstore.com with a fake  address of <removed>, telephone number <removed>. Paypal denied my first claim and recommended I resubmit another claim as "item not received". I think these are fake Chinese accounts as my Paypal receipt has Chinese writing on it. Paypal made arrangements in January 2020 to offer Paypal account services to China. This company is also defrauding the Postal Service by sending fake UPS tracking numbers as well, which is a Federal offense. 

Login to Me Too

Pookie2112
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal wasn't responding with anything except that they were 'investigating'. So I reported it to my credit card as well. Now I have gotten an email from Paypal saying that because I reported it to my credit card they have cancelled my case because I notified my card. My Mastercard sent me a letter saying that they are going to request information from Paypal. So around and around it goes- with Paypal trying to pass the buck.

Is there anything you can send me that will help Mastercard rule in my favor? 

Login to Me Too

sharmodon
Contributor
Contributor

As I have no "paper trail" like a confirmation email from this scam company, I was advised by Paypal to file a dispute with UPS. I tried 5 times but their website doesn't work very well, I gave up. According to UPS info my package was sent and I never got anything. This is the info that comes back when credit card company investigates. I also filed a dispute today with my credit card co. so I expect Paypal to do the same with me and drop the case. I can't get the info from UPS for Paypal. I hope you have better luck than me. This makes me want to go back to the old ways of shopping, in person, with cash.

Login to Me Too

Mamatuffy1
Contributor
Contributor
Following as I am getting nowhere with PayPal even via phone calls.
Login to Me Too

Koalityresale
New Community Member
Sundolphinstore.com got me .. because it was paid thru PayPal via debit card the bank won't do anything about it and I'm not getting anywhere with paypal either
Login to Me Too

Pookie2112
Contributor
Contributor

Please include me in your class action lawsuit. PayPal and their partner Sundolphin.com have stolen $200 from me. I am convinced that this is an inside job. My email is ( PayPal has edited this out to keep us from communicating)  Please respond to me with the information needed for me to participate in suing these criminals. I am quarantining so I have absolutely nothing better to do but help you with legal action. I eagerly await your reply.

Login to Me Too

Mwhitejasp
Contributor
Contributor

After much anxiety and anguish, Paypal sent me a refund after the first denial. I completed a complaint on the FBI's website as these criminal's need to be prosecuted. 

Login to Me Too

Mamatuffy1
Contributor
Contributor
How were you able to convince PayPal to refund you?!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.