Scammed by Sundolphinshop.com

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Sundolphin Aruba 10 kayak from Sundolphinshop.com during a supposed 80% off sale on 10/24 for $79.99 using my PayPal account. It's already complete on my activity page with PayPal. Therefore, I can't cancel it. I sent and email to the website to cancel within 2 hours after the transaction with no response. I called the number listed which was a bogus number. I am now trying to stop payment of the PayPal transaction with my bank which is in a pending status in my account. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I believe it is a total scam. 

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

OUTAGIN
Contributor
Contributor

YES!  By all means, file a dispute with your bank that you pay your PayPal account through.  I did and do not have to pay for that item.  Pay Pay did NOTHING!!!!  

Login to Me Too

Hawkmtnman
Contributor
Contributor

They got me as well. And even provided a UPS tracking number that was fake.! Said delivered to my city address but not my home address. Also the weight was like 14 pounds. No way a kayak weighs only 14 pounds. I have filled a dispute with PayPal and hope it goes my way. When I shop online and I see PayPal I do not worry much thinking that PayPal has me covered. Now I am not so sure.!!

If this gets denied I will probably not be using PayPal anymore. I Will stick to my CC company Amex that would be able to STOP the charge quicker and also protect me better.

With all the people getting scammed here at that particular site you would think PayPal would put a stop to that account and refund anyone that was scammed.

Login to Me Too

Jjg086
Its almost like PayPal is in on it. I tried to warn them thT it was a fraudulent site and they blew me off. Didn't care that there was a fraud being perpetrated on us and they in my opinion are a willing participant.
Login to Me Too

Consumer10
New Community Member

This happened to me too.  Payment went through.  Never received kayak. Having a hard time getting my money back.  PayPal should not be associated with this website any more.

Login to Me Too

Rmarkss
New Community Member
Got me too and paypal denied my claim! Disputing with my credit card now
Login to Me Too

Blynnea20
You need to call in to PayPal and they will correct this for you. Additionally, they've changed websites to sundolphinstore.com, I've reported this url as well, so hopefully it will be taken down again soon.
Login to Me Too

BJD53
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed by Sundolphonshop.com on 11/5/20.  Cantacted Paypal prior to seller accepting the payment to notify them of the scam and was told they could not do anything until 12/10/20???   Said I should contact seller (Craig <removed>) to resolve and they would do the same.  Seller provided fake phone number and address and now has  removed the site and replaced it with Sundolphinstore.com.  Opened a dispute with Paypal.  Paypal sent me confirmation of shipment from sender in Florida.  Sent email to sender but no response. Contacted Visa card to have the payment stopped & investigated while in pending payment status but they said I could not dispute the charge until seller had accepted the payment.  After seller accepted payment I have now opened a dispute with Visa.  Visa has removed the charge to my credit card until they resolve the dispute.  Paypal has notified me that Visa is involved, but they can't talk to Visa, because they don't have my financial information?    UPS shows a 2.6 pound package delivered (did not indicate the address), but I did not receive anything  on my porch.  Contacted UPS and opened a item not received claim.  So far no resolution from any of these companies.    

Login to Me Too

Patti2021
Contributor
Contributor

My experience is the same as the others. I cannot believe PayPal is allowing this to go on. Shame on them! If I cannot resolve this through PayPal, I will never use Paypal again.  I feel as if I have been scammed by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Aaliberti
New Community Member

I had this happen on Friday.  Bought a kayak at a rock bottom price-  a case of too good to be true, I guess.  The site was masterfully done, looked really solid.  The first red flag was that there was no invoice sent within a few minutes to either my email or one through PayPal.   I figured that it was after business hours.  The other flag was when Paypal was activated the payment went to a Sandy <removed>.   My account noted the payment went to a Christopher <removed>.   So nothing jibed.   By the time I realized that it was a definite scam, I was too late- the money was drawn out of my account.  So now I need to go through Paypal dispute system... 

Apparently, there are several different Sundolphin scam sites- Sundolphin is a real company and sell to **bleep** and Walmart, this clearly isn't the real Sundolphin (Sundolphin.com).   The site I went to was Sundolphinshop.com.  Apparently these bloodsuckers also have Sundolphinstore.com... BEWARE!

Login to Me Too

sharmodon
Contributor
Contributor

After being scammed by Sundolphinshop, I did what I could with Paypal but UPS was no help at all. It didn't make sense that they sent a package (5 LB.) package that was here the day after being shipped, and I received nothing, not to mention I orderd a 47LB kayak 12 FT. long. I guess it would be a good idea to investigate vendors yourself before purchase. I think UPS is somehow part of the scam because you can't get any proof for Paypal to proceed with, I never got order confirmation from Sundolphin so no paper trail. Hopefully my credit card dispute will hold, Merry Chistmas!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.