Scammed by Sundolphinshop.com

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Sundolphin Aruba 10 kayak from Sundolphinshop.com during a supposed 80% off sale on 10/24 for $79.99 using my PayPal account. It's already complete on my activity page with PayPal. Therefore, I can't cancel it. I sent and email to the website to cancel within 2 hours after the transaction with no response. I called the number listed which was a bogus number. I am now trying to stop payment of the PayPal transaction with my bank which is in a pending status in my account. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I believe it is a total scam. 

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

rickejessica
I also just has this done or me this past week how do we get one money back I bought 3 kayaks
Login to Me Too

Duke79
Contributor
Contributor

did paypal ever help you?  I have filed two reports and been turned down both times.

Login to Me Too

OUTAGIN
Contributor
Contributor

NO, PayPal dissed me by saying that I authorized payment, however, I called the bank that pays my PayPal account and filed a dispute 2 times!!  I eventually was told that I do not have to pay for that item.  As of now, I was not charged.

Login to Me Too

FreshFlesh
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. PayPal is in bed with the scammers
Login to Me Too

Murdock80
My wife and I just got scammed by the sundolphin kayak scam. They "sent" a package which never arrived.. said it was delivered to our mailbox. A 12foot kayak.. Wife wrote paypal and they wont give our money back!!! Paypal said the item was delivered! We got scammed by someone selling intex pool pumps that sent face masks. I had to ship them back to CHINA before paypal would give the money back.. really. Really disappointed with paypal on this one as i have always had nothing but good things to say. NOT NOW!!
Login to Me Too

Melissashelby
Contributor
Contributor
Yep, another victim that fell for this scam. Yet PayPal denied my claim that is was a scam. However they know it is a scam. This is what they respond with-We received the case(s) you filed on November 11, 2020. We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s). Transaction information: Dispute Case ID: PP-D-90692535 Transaction Amount: $99.99 USD Dispute Amount: $99.99 USD Transaction ID: 14830782GP908932G Transaction Date: November 8, 2020 Thanks, PayPal". Now please tell me how the USPS fit a 12ft Kayak in a locked mailed box that is 4"x5"x6" in size? Seems to me PayPal is getting money form this scam.
Login to Me Too

Lrr1929
Contributor
Contributor
Totally. Lost all faith in Payal to protect the consumer. Won't use them anymore.
Login to Me Too

bevsfolly
Contributor
Contributor

Once this is over, I will be closing my PayPal account.  There is no point having PayPal if they do not protect me from predators such as these people.  I still have to dispute this transaction with my bank and UPS on my own so may as well get rid of the middle man who has become worthless to me!

Login to Me Too

Jpaquin42
Contributor
Contributor
The website is a week old according to Whois.com Scam
Login to Me Too

sharmodon
Contributor
Contributor

After some thought about the lack of usual procedure on the Sundolphin website, I did some checking and found that I had likely been scammed. Too good to be true. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.