Scammed by Sundolphinshop.com

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Sundolphin Aruba 10 kayak from Sundolphinshop.com during a supposed 80% off sale on 10/24 for $79.99 using my PayPal account. It's already complete on my activity page with PayPal. Therefore, I can't cancel it. I sent and email to the website to cancel within 2 hours after the transaction with no response. I called the number listed which was a bogus number. I am now trying to stop payment of the PayPal transaction with my bank which is in a pending status in my account. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I believe it is a total scam. 

Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

sofiesgram
Contributor
Contributor

Me too..exactly the same scenario.  The tracking # says it was delivered FROM AMAZON to my town but not to my address.  I disputed it with my CC and they refunded but now 6 weeks later they reversed their decision, took back the 99.99 they had refunded me and closed the case.  The CC company says they need proof in writing from UPS that the item with that tracking # was not delivered to my address.  UPS says they will call me back with whatever help they can offer. Not holding out much hope.    

Login to Me Too

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor
Update in scammed by Sundolphinshoo.com: After PayPal sent the charge to my bank account I could see that it was pending still in my bank account. I called the Credit Union and asked them to stop payment on that PayPal transaction and explained that I had been scammed. They stopped payment after I sent an email with a pdf note and signature to stop the payment. They did so without a charge. I really love my Credit Union.
Login to Me Too

1955Buyer
Contributor
Contributor
Site has address, phone# and restricted to one purchase. Very convincing site!
Login to Me Too

Mels204
Contributor
Contributor
Oh yes I got scammed also for 2 kayaks. Really convincing site. I turned in a billing dispute with PayPal over this which they denied. Today I got a email saying they were delivered yesterday. No they were not. Tracking shows just to my town no specific address and showing weight was 3 lbs. Their website says it weighs 44 lbs. what a total ripoff. One would think PayPal would make sure there dealing with reputable companies. Not sure what more info they would need. Guess I’m gonna have to call my credit card co now. What a mess.
Login to Me Too

Njr61
New Community Member

We fell for it too, hoping to chat with PayPal soon and get some kind of resolution for this. It was just so convincing!

Login to Me Too

financeguru
New Community Member

Along with myself, two other people I know have been scammed by Sundolphinshop.com. I have a dispute open with Paypal about not receiving the kayak. The scammer vendor provided a real UPS tracking number that shipped an item to someone else within my zip code and shows as "delivered" on 11/3/20 on UPS's website under tracking. The weight of whatever was delivered 2.10 lbs. The UPS tracking details also says it was left at "locker" and was received by "Driver Release" (not sure what that means). I can't seem to find the address or name associated to the tracking number on UPS's website that was used by the scammer via Paypal but it didn't get delivered to my address nor to my name. I've been trying to find a way to send an explanation to Paypal but can't seem to find where I can explain all this. Calls to Paypal have me on hold for a very long time and I have to end the call before speaking to a human. Not sure how Paypal allows these scammers to use their service fraudulently. Paypal should have a way to validate vendor supplied shipping info and tracking number against the customer's name and address. Hope this gets resolved and everyone gets their money back in to their Paypal account soon!

Login to Me Too

Shawnole2020
Contributor
Contributor
I have now stopped making payments through PayPal even with legitimate vendors. I wish they would take a proactive stance in paying vendors and warn their members that some sites are scams or highly questionable. They could easily send out a mass notice listing these questionable vendors.
Login to Me Too

Rahtinn
New Community Member
Just got scammed and immediately found this thread. Hey PAYPAL cancel the gd guys account. What kind of a “pal” let’s their “friends” get scammed and continues to push payments through. And to the guy with tips to avoid scams... get a life. You’re on PayPal threads trolling people. Unreal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rahtinn 

If you are referring to me then my 'trolling' has saved hundreds from being scammed over the years.

Plus the fact quite a few have read my post about how to spot Chinese web sites that are scams and have posted to thank me for saving them from doing what you have just done been scammed. Shame you didn't read it first then wasn't it?

So if my trolling saves folks from being scammed or helps them get their money back then i will carry on trolling, CHEERS.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mwhitejasp
Contributor
Contributor
They now changed their website to sundolphinstore.com. No receipt for my purchase or follow up with shipping. Advertised as a Black Friday sale. The phone number is the same as was listed for sundolphinshop.com. Address is in New Jersey. No one answers the phone. Reported this to PayPal. I can’t trust any retailer but Amazon right now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.