Scammed by Shenzhen Aibili International Trade Co.,Ltd.

Gretchj
Contributor
Contributor

On August 1, 2020, I purchased 2 Recliner Luxury Camping Chairs for $59.90. I used PayPal in case something went wrong I would have a recourse, or so I thought. I made a claim because I didn’t receive the correct item. There is no way to contact this seller except through email. I have emailed them 4 times and never received a single response, which I also told PayPal. I escalated my claim with PayPal, all PayPal did was send an email to the seller and the seller responded with the tracking number. So PayPal closed the case. In my email to PayPal when I explained the situation, I said I could send a picture of what I was supposed to have gotten and a picture of what was sent. PayPal never asked me for those pictures, they just closed the case because they got a tracking number. I’m so disappointed in PayPal.  Now that I’ve seen there are others that have been scammed by the same seller. PayPal gave some their money back. I’m not sure what to do now. 

Login to Me Too
178 REPLIES 178

CH7777777
Contributor
Contributor

Latest update in my case, it is now over 6 weeks since i files my dispute with Shenzhen. My item is returned to Shenzhen (I sent it tracked). I have jumped through all the hoops Paypal gave me and spent more money on the courier (which Paypal said I would get back). No word from Paypal. I also checked other sites - on trust pilot there is an identical case to mine (same item, person still waiting for Paypal to take action) why this company are still trading with Paypal is beyond completely me (and any sane person).

Login to Me Too

JoCee11
Contributor
Contributor

I have written to Paypal twice now asking why the ads are still allowed to run and why they allow people to pay this company when they must know by now its a scam...

They will not answer this question... They just keep closing meh case and saying they have found in favour of the fraudsters... 

I have even sent them the link to here to show the vast number of people who have lost their money through them.

Login to Me Too

CH7777777
Contributor
Contributor

it seems the only answer PayPal has to all the many people complaining about these scammers is you have to return the cheap goods back to them under a tracked courier. I have done this - I await the resolution.  I would not of bought this item if I couldn’t pay with PayPal (due to the buyer guarantee); If I get nothing, it will be the last time I use PayPal- it will be hard but I am a person that sticks to my guns. I suggest everyone else who has been scammed and not compensated by PayPal does the same, it is the only way PayPal will get the message.

Login to Me Too

NickC42
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal don’t care about this, they probably have a stake in the company. I used PayPal partly for the guarantee which turns out to be useless, and partly for the anonymity of my payment details. Just imagine what these scammers would have done if they had your credit card details.

My resolution is to never buy anything from a Facebook advert without checking first if the item is available from a more reliable source such as Amazon, or checking out the ownership of the advertisers website.

Login to Me Too

JoCee11
Contributor
Contributor

I showed PayPal this forum and they asked me to sign a declaration form and they have finally now agreed to give me back my money. 

Maybe try that too?

Login to Me Too

CH7777777
Contributor
Contributor

Latest update, I now have the courier charge refunded by PayPal- you have had to jump through a lot of hoops; but it is possible to get this back. My courier has confirmed the hammock cloth has been delivered back to Shenzhen Aibili, my case was supposed to be resolved 20th Nov (case initially filed 29th Sept) - for some bizarre reason PayPal have now moved the case back to 23rd Nov, no idea why, as should be an open and shut case. I can see why so many give up and are very annoyed with not just Shenzhen Aibili but also PayPal; when a company is this fraudulent they need their PayPal payment withdrawn as quickly as possible and automatic refunds for those that have been scammed - neither have happened.

Login to Me Too

CH7777777
Contributor
Contributor

Latest update in may case***you might want to read this***. Got my postage returned by paypal, in terms of my claim they have closed the case unbelievably in favour of Shenzhen Aibili!!!! The reason they have given is that they say I did not give return details of the item (I did several times, to advisors and it was added by them and me to the case details). So after many hours of messages, arranging the courier and sending the item back with proof of delivery and promises from Paypal that I would get my money back - the Scammers have won!!!! I will be never, ever using Paypal again, their buyer guarantee is useless, i get more protection on my credit card (and at least they value my custom)!!

Login to Me Too

JJxx
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a sun chair with a canopy and received a piece of material that I assumed the chair was made of.  I then ordered 2 make up boxes from a different company (or so I thought) which turned out to be the same company under a different name and they sent two cheap small plastic mirrors.  I have argued with PP that they shouldn't allow this company to continue to trade with them as they are just conning people left right and centre.  I was refunded for one item but refused the other as I didn't send it back tracked, which would have cost over £12.  It cost me £6.25 and £7.35 to send both items back .  PP have told me I can claim up to £15 for posting the items back (which isn't advertised when you actually return the item)  I have raised the transaction with my CC Company and will then take to Trading Standards if I get no joy there, then maybe Martin Lewis and so on 😕 Maybe we should all sign a statement to show that this company is scamming many people in the UK !!!  It's not a fortune that I have lost but it is the principle of the thing that grates me and the fact that PP back them up !!!

Login to Me Too

JULIANACMARTINS
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed.

The tracking never left out China.

Login to Me Too

debcush
Contributor
Contributor

Here we go again.....I ordered a garden gnome and was sent a lucky bag 7 dwarves 3 in high figure! They agreed to refund only if I return said mistake at my cost.......£11.80 to return!! Then they would send a refund. This was not my mistake, why should I be out this money? Well PayPal thinks that it’s ok....that’s not “buyer” protection especially when this seems to be common practice for this company. This is “seller” protection 😡

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.