Scammed by Shaw Academy

CianFahy
New Community Member
Shaw Academy made an unauthorized payment of €99.95 on September 4th 2020. I had signed up for the 4 week free trial on August 27th of that same year which was due to end on September 24th 2020. I unsubscribed to the free trial on September 22nd 2020 which was when I found out about this payment. I've already contacted Shaw Academy and they offered to give me 5 years worth of free courses, but did not agree to a refund. I logged out of Shaw Academy and unsubscribed (or tried to) before this phone call. Can anyone advise me on the best course of action to take with dealing with this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CianFahy 

Did you cancel the subscription?

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CianFahy 

Did you cancel the subscription?

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Monika2001
Contributor
Contributor
They rang me offerining me a deal 100 for 3 months with diplomą i said no, that same day few minutes later they took 80 of me without me knowing, i was trying to transfer rent money and see my bank is empty i also seen they took 20e for e certificate that i never bought, i rang and emailed then no reply so i cancelled, they rang me 5 minuted later saying they wil resolve and refund in less the 48 hours stil no news iv been ringing and emailing them and no reply, before they would ring and email 50 times a day, what do i do, iv lost job due to covid and its hard.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.