Scammed by Seller - Paypal won't refund

AaronGent
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a new battery from a UK website to repair my phone (Battery and toolkit = £12.99 + postage so ~£16

Grade B Battery arrives with no toolkit (not what I bought so I requested a replacement on 4th July)

4th July Seller "talks to warehouse" stall for 2 weeks asking for photos but eventually sends a returns label

I return the item on the 19th, it's signed for on the 22nd.

On the 24th i get an email saying I need to return the item for a refund (already returned)

24th is the last day to file a Paypal claim, so I have to file a claim.

Seller and Paypal accept the case and ask me to return the item to an address in china, seller gave a prepaid UK returns label and it's already been delivered to them.

I provide tracking number (been delivered), copy of the label and have proof of postage.

Paypal closes the dispute because " did not provide the tracking details they requested."

How can I return an item to an address in China when the seller has already given a prepaid label to an address in the UK and signed for it 2 days before??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AaronGent 

If you have proof the seller sent you a prepaid label to return it to a UK addy then give c.s. a call.

Before you file a dispute they tell you to try and sort things with the seller which is what you tried to do and you did what the seller requested.

So you may find paypal will reach out to your seller to assist you in getting your refund.....worth a shot.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

your seller return address is China,so Paypal expects you to return it to China with tracking,your UK trcking is no good.

you should file a chargeback with your cc issuer and tell them you have already returned the item to their UK address and the label comes from them.

Or you can appeal with Paypal,saying you have been given a UK  return label AND It has been delivered and signed for. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AaronGent 

If you have proof the seller sent you a prepaid label to return it to a UK addy then give c.s. a call.

Before you file a dispute they tell you to try and sort things with the seller which is what you tried to do and you did what the seller requested.

So you may find paypal will reach out to your seller to assist you in getting your refund.....worth a shot.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AaronGent
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks both,

It seems that after i posted this and told them i would be escalating they decided to refund it themselves.

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

well,they know they cant push you around,if you file chargeback,you will probably win and they will be slapped with a $20 chargeback fee.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @AaronGent,

I'm glad to hear that they will be refunding the payment!

Hi @Teslafan101,

Please note that the chargeback process is a time consuming one that is outside of PayPal. The dispute process within PayPal should be considered first and should be allowed to resolve the issue before considering other methods of recovery. Please don't suggest to people that they forgo or abandon a PayPal claim process, as a chargeback will supercede a PayPal claim and limit options. I know you want the best thing for the people that you're assisting and I want to make sure that you're helping with the best information!

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.