cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

Highlighted
New Community Member

Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

I ordered a sterling silver ring and when it came it was plastic.
Highlighted
Contributor

Im new here after having been scammed twice ( shame on me) over halloween purchases. I see the problem is common. Chinese companies in both of my cases. Why does paypal work with these companies? Ive learned never to order anything but from amazon or other well known companies. Im dissappointed in paypal as much as myself.
Highlighted
Contributor

It's apparent that they don't want to refund our money.  I have to pay to return them to China and the address I was given is in Chinese.  There is no way I can type those characters on a shipping label.  I'll be submitting a complaint to the Better Business Bureau to warn others and to the FTC to see if they can stop this scam artist from advertising and selling in the U.S.  

Highlighted
New Community Member

Hi, Im in the uk & its happening here to although im not sure what to do about it here, can you help at all? Shirley
Highlighted
Contributor

I ordered a wreath for Christmas that looked beautiful in the picture. I paid $46 for it. I received it the other day in a package that was taped so tight crushing the wreath. Plus the wreath was not like it appeared in the picture. It was scrunched. You had to shape it, extend the green branches out which were short and not enough to make it look full. The ribbons were all crunched and wrinkled. Plus the bells had to be attached. None of this was described in the ad. Also package came from California but the want it returned to China. What the heck. That’s ridiculous. How do they get away with this. I too will be reporting this to the BBB.
Highlighted
Contributor

I, too, ordered a Christmas wreath. Almost a month ago. At least you received yours. I’ve received nothing. 51.99–poof!’ I’m so angry.
Highlighted
Contributor

Same problem, absolute trash....I did not receive one of the items ordered.  Cannot open a case in PayPal.  The ones I did get are trash,  how do you get in touch with these people.

Highlighted
Contributor

PayPal needs to refund my money. I’ve beef scammed
Highlighted
Contributor

Unfortunately PayPal isn't going to help.  They are siding with the scam artist.