Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

ABSilva
Contributor
Contributor

Why hasn't PayPal banned this company already!?

Unfortunately, I was also a victim of this scam...

I have bought a wool coat, but received a very bad quality polyester hoodie!

Hopefully they will face the consequences soon!...

Login to Me Too

andrewinOmaha
Contributor
Contributor

I saw an ad with videos for an LED facemask that is voice activated.  It has a mouth that moves while you talk, it's very funny.

It took weeks to receive and the item I got does not even function like the one in the ad.  The battery doesn't hold a charge.

I found one for half the price on Amazon that works significantly better and, apparently, you can't get a refund on this one from "Huimeng".

Hot garbage and over $30 in the trash.

Login to Me Too

krill123
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed by them last night. well, I fought back and won though. Here's what hapenned.

I saw this statue for sale on facebook. I clicked on it and it re-directed me to a website: <Removed>

I decided to purchase the product using paypal.

4 hours later, I decided to look at my paypal to make sure I was only charged the amount agreed upon and then noticed funds had been transfered to "

HUIMENG CO., LIMITED".. I researched this and fell on this page. reading this.. I knew I had fallen for a scammer. So I re-checked product I had bought and was horrified to notice the con... The facebook advertisement said "sculpture twice".. When I clicked on "shop now" button and got to their website.. Sculpture had changed to "Wallpaper".. Very sneaky.. I had bought a 50$ CAD 11x13 inch piece of paper.. 
So I sent them 2 emails and one messenger message telling them to cancel my order as it was only 6 hours old. I also openned a dispute with paypal (this is what saved me). Took screenshots of all communication with them asking them to cancel and also proof of the con.. HUIMENG CO. first sent me an email saying "What's wrong with product? Why you cancel?  It's popular product". I replied to cancel it again and told them I had openned a dispute with paypal for this. Then I checked in paypal again and after a few minutes and I had gotten full refund!! 🙂

This was a big eye opener for me in the sense that I no longer trust any seller on facebook platform. Will definitely avoid in the future.

THANK YOU to this forum..I would have gotten scammed for sure and lost 50$. Thank you!

Facebook advertisement - says sculpture twice:

Their website, once directed to it after clicking shop now .. now it says wallpaper instead of sculpture.. Very sneaky:
item.jpg

This is 100% a scam.

PS: I blocked their facebook page and messenger. Hope I never hear from this scam company ever again and that paypal removes their ability to do business with them in the future. Just not sure what other steps (if any) I should be taking right now.

Can't find paypal email to send all of this too. I hope they read this forum.

Login to Me Too

FELZER
Contributor
Contributor
It happened to me too,you have to report to paypall by loging to your account.
Login to Me Too

Florcarioca
Contributor
Contributor
They did the same with me ! PayPal can pulla warning and let us decide if we want to proceed with the purchase I suffered several different scams from CHINA providers!
Login to Me Too

FELZER
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a statue of the birth and life of Jesus Christ and what I got was a piece of crinckled paper with the photo of the statue.I paid $50 for it,the add was misleading.I was never going to pay $50 for a piece of paper the add on fb was for the statue,there was a woman who said that she bought one the same from the owner and they should not be selling it and she sent the owner the link.There was nothing mentioned that it was a wall decoration.They removed the add from facebook.I am so angry that I was fooled by some crooks.
Login to Me Too

Kymosguy
Contributor
Contributor
They been doing this for long time I got scammed off Facebook ad for a nutcracker and reported it and canceled my PayPal acct I’m just going to tell people to file a fraud claim snd be prepare for PayPal to do NOTHING.. they did nothing snd I list out on $74.11. I took the loss and decided to have a burn the tiny nutcracker in a fire pit .. forget PayPal there in on it for sure no one scams as many people without being helped by pay pal. I posted my complaint. Filed with the better business bureau and nothing was down. Angry not even the start of how I felt. Dump PayPal share your story and walk away .
Login to Me Too

krill123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The only thing these scammers are afraid of is loosing their ability to get payments via paypal.

So you have to open a paypal dispute against them and provide a rock solid case. Give pictures of object, conversations and the advertisement. 

And by the way, these scam chineese companies are still posting ads.. I see the same get posted under various names. I always write a message calling them scammers so everyone can avoid them. And I report them to facebook as a scam.

Login to Me Too

holodoctor1
I purchased an item from the site Linkezronb, which upon purchase realized is actually Huimeng Co., Limited. Never received any notice of shipping, and after additional research realized it was just stolen art from etsy at about 1/8th the price. I’ll never get this item, and their gmail email to communicate with them is fake. I have a case open with PayPal, and hope they’ll return my money. Huimeng Co Limited should absolutely be suspended from PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Denie2
Contributor
Contributor
I am being scammed by this company also. My items were wrapped crappy & arrive broken and damaged. I paid $35.50 & they offered me $5 refund to keep broken China crap!! I’m out money & item.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.