Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

Cat112
New Community Member
Scammed by them for two necklaces, they were going to be Christmas presents.
Login to Me Too

monarch09
New Community Member
Do not order anything from this company. They will take your money and make every excuse to tell you why you do not have what you ordered.
Login to Me Too

Kymosguy
Contributor
Contributor
Reported them to the federal trades office. And bested business bureau
Login to Me Too

philperil
Contributor
Contributor

i was scammed too !!!
i order a heavy (1cm thick) wool coat for 60$, presenting with a video of the product, and a sheep picture. in fact, the sheep are people the make'em trust 😞
i received a thin polyester light sweatshirt 2mm thick, for a maximum value of 2-3$ !! yes, i go 4-5 times on the pratunam clothes market in Bangkok, one of the biggest in south asia, i know the prices of chinese **bleep** !!

THIEVES !!!

Login to Me Too

Kymosguy
Contributor
Contributor
I been just so tired of this company. It PayPal does nothing about it. I sent emails to the us trade commission file company with the BBB and still they get away with it because there deceptive on all levels ..
Login to Me Too

sarasa
Contributor
Contributor
Is xiaolizi on etsy the real seller? PayPal reversed their decision in my favor when I showed them messages from xiaolizi confirming the stolen images and reviews. The coat I got was better grade than the hoodies they started sending out but def not wool. I am not sure why paypal hasn’t banned them. I think they’re gone from facebook.
Login to Me Too

Pelagicdiver
I ordered what was advertised as a wool anorak. When it arrived it’s synthetic polyester
Login to Me Too

sarasa
Contributor
Contributor
I found the real product that they scammed me on and so paypal sided with me after I showed the etsy owner message confirming they are not affiliated. They even stole old reviews from the etsy seller’s website and reposted them. If it was a wool jacket, see if the seller xiaolizi sells it. Or a reverse image search.
Login to Me Too

Conjure26
Contributor
Contributor

so scammed! they sent me an empty box! now they are asking to return. shame on paypal for allowing this to continue!

Login to Me Too

sarasa
Contributor
Contributor
I got a refund but I found the etsy seller who confirmed they stole the images and reviews off their site and they were unaffiliated with Huimeng. Looking at the reviews at betterelegent (note misspelling of elegant with an e) for the wool single breasted coat, they dropped the quality of their fake product to just being a hoodie. So paypal reversed their decision when I threw a fit about the counterfeit item. One item was actually decent quality (will see if it holds up) and the other item was child size but those two items were not officially licensed products and were also fake. Try reverse image searching too to find the actual maker. I feel like 90% of the items are the wool coat based on being unable to find other reviews. Also be prepared for your info to be used to register websites for the whois. This happened to me about 6 years ago and within a year they switched the whois info to my name before a company took them to the “internet court.” (WIPO deal with domain disputes and they’re in Switzerland). Judging by the list of names that were including in the complaint, pretty sure we all had purchased fake items. So yeah. Hopefully you’re info is not stolen, sold, or involved in other issues.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.