Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Tigertedd, @Maydaymom, @Elnh1958, @Bicabod, @Maydaymom, and everyone else,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction hasn't gone quite as you had expected. If you haven't already, please make sure to Open a Dispute through our Resolution Center. Normally the dispute decision is final, however if you have new information to present you can try to Appeal the case decision

In the case where they've sent an item that's not as described, our review teams may need a more in-depth description of how it's not specifically the item you've ordered. If you need to ship the item back to the merchant, our Return Shipping on Us program may lend a hand there. 

Sometimes the merchant may have provided tracking information showing delivery to a near-by address that's not your own. In that case, we recommend reaching out to the shipping company to request a document showing it was not delivered to the address on your transaction details. They normally cannot say where it is delivered to, which is fine - our review teams just need a statement from the shipping company dictating the details show delivery to an address that was not yours. 

I hope that helps. If you do not have the option for appeal in your Resolution Center, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Good luck all,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

Karen664
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a sterling silver ring and when it came it was plastic.
Login to Me Too

Windance10
Contributor
Contributor
Im new here after having been scammed twice ( shame on me) over halloween purchases. I see the problem is common. Chinese companies in both of my cases. Why does paypal work with these companies? Ive learned never to order anything but from amazon or other well known companies. Im dissappointed in paypal as much as myself.
Login to Me Too

k9queen
Contributor
Contributor

You need to be careful with Amazon as well.  They also allow unscrupulous Chinese companies to sell on their site.  You wouldn't know it until you receive the shoddy merchandise.  It seems like China is full of thieving scammers that prey upon unsuspecting customers.

Login to Me Too

AmandaL2020
Contributor
Contributor
At least on Amazon they allow you to return it.
Login to Me Too

BoyMom21
UGH!! I guess I’m going to be out $25 I ordered a ring and am trying to cancel it now, but they don’t seem to want to do that.
Login to Me Too

Elnh1958
Contributor
Contributor

doubt you will hear from them.  on an almost $300 order they offered me $8 refund!  wooden letter banks were plastic, 7½" tall, no names on them.  Paypal denied my claim...

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Tigertedd, @Maydaymom, @Elnh1958, @Bicabod, @Maydaymom, and everyone else,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction hasn't gone quite as you had expected. If you haven't already, please make sure to Open a Dispute through our Resolution Center. Normally the dispute decision is final, however if you have new information to present you can try to Appeal the case decision

In the case where they've sent an item that's not as described, our review teams may need a more in-depth description of how it's not specifically the item you've ordered. If you need to ship the item back to the merchant, our Return Shipping on Us program may lend a hand there. 

Sometimes the merchant may have provided tracking information showing delivery to a near-by address that's not your own. In that case, we recommend reaching out to the shipping company to request a document showing it was not delivered to the address on your transaction details. They normally cannot say where it is delivered to, which is fine - our review teams just need a statement from the shipping company dictating the details show delivery to an address that was not yours. 

I hope that helps. If you do not have the option for appeal in your Resolution Center, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Good luck all,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

credding27
Contributor
Contributor
I tried a couple of times to dispute the decision and also showed evidence and was told the case is closed. Not happy being scammed out of $103. I sent the items back and did not receive a refund
Login to Me Too

Clairecrangle
Contributor
Contributor
I did all of those things and received no support from PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.