Scammed by Ema Cotton

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been scammed by Ema Cotton.  I have filed a complaint with Paypal and as soon as they became involved they were able to get a response that the quilts were on the way from China.  I am currently boycotting FB as in addition to all the hacks and such, they evidently sell ads to anyone without first vetting the authenticity of the company.  Shame on me...I fell for another ad last year, got the crap and immediately got rid of it.  Now to hear these quilts are of such poor quality and nothing said about them is true sickens me.  I will continue to get what I need from Amazon and the companies I have dealt with in the past that I KNOW are legit.  

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

adky75
New Community Member

Same here... ordered mine on 11/15 ... i have emailed and emailed the "Cotton Color" company they go by and finally last week they sent me tracking info, which i can tell by the package size it's crap that is being sent... their website stated product was shipped on 11/29 and tracking info says 12/31 (which is after about the 3rd email i sent asking about my stuff" .... the package weight is on 1.6 lbs well that obviously is not a queen size quilt i ordered....

i paid thru paypal with a credit card and the minute i received an email from my card company saying the payment was made to Shanghai or some where like that i should have stopped it right then but it was a Christmas gift for my husband, the Ga Tech Quilt, so i really had my fingers crossed it would work out... lesson learned. I will file a claim once/if received since it obviously is not the quality or size or description of what i ordered. If i get money back good but if i dont' lesson learned... and never again. Luckily if it does show up i have it delivered to my work so i can trash it and hubby will never know it existed so no hurt feelings there.

Login to Me Too

Driftwood2
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a cat quilt from them in September ( saw the ad on Facebook) - and actually RECEIVED my quilt just before Christmas!  My sister wanted one, too, and I wouldn't know how to get a hold of them anyway.  Just wanted to say, yes, it may be a scam, but it ships from China or something - so - just wanted to say I actually got mine.  Sounds like a miracle.

Login to Me Too

Bssmith10
Contributor
Contributor
I have learned my lesson on dealing with FB advertisements too. The quilts I ordered were dollar store quality. I thought it would be easier to deal with PayPal on such an issue, but it wasn't. I'm disappointed at the amount of time it took to resolve this, and that I received only 50% of my money as a resolution. I'm not as impressed with PayPal as I was before.
Login to Me Too

Redondomom65
Contributor
Contributor
I never received my quilt but my friend did 3 months after purchase. Her twin size quilt is a cheesy, flimsy piece of fabric that is not twin size. It’s more appropriate for a baby blanket. Someone cut this cheap fabric from a bolt, sewed on a little ribbing and stuck it in the mail. My other co worker ordered a king and queen which have not arrived. FB should vet these companies. It was a total rip off.
Login to Me Too

BamaMom97
Contributor
Contributor

As should PayPal.  These companies are supposed to provide a layer of authenticity or protection which is obviously not happening.

Login to Me Too

Bssmith10
Contributor
Contributor

I agree totally that FB should be more aware of who is advertising on their site. My experience was similar...very poor quality items. Another problem is that the company continues to change their name. I saw they took on a new identity in November, soon after I began to complain about their practices to others, including Paypal.  The issue continues and no one is stopping it! All involved in the marketing of the items, and payments to them, appear to be trying to 'protect' the scamming companies!

Login to Me Too

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

I am suggesting that everyone who was scammed by ema cotton or knows someone who was should post it on FB and ask folks to share.  What do you think?

Login to Me Too

Redondomom65
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree!!!
Login to Me Too

Bssmith10
Contributor
Contributor

To be very helpful, posts on FB would need to list all of the names the company has used in the past There are quite a few. I believe I saw the list on someone else's post here. FB might listen, if enough people reported the problem. However, I believe they want a link to the 'offensive' content. I believe the scammers may have removed the ads. I don't know if Paypal could do anything or not. As I said before, it seems they want to protect 'both the buyer and the seller,' which isn't much help in this situation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.