Scammed by Ema Cotton

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been scammed by Ema Cotton.  I have filed a complaint with Paypal and as soon as they became involved they were able to get a response that the quilts were on the way from China.  I am currently boycotting FB as in addition to all the hacks and such, they evidently sell ads to anyone without first vetting the authenticity of the company.  Shame on me...I fell for another ad last year, got the crap and immediately got rid of it.  Now to hear these quilts are of such poor quality and nothing said about them is true sickens me.  I will continue to get what I need from Amazon and the companies I have dealt with in the past that I KNOW are legit.  

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thequeenofila

Social media > cheap bargains > minimum contact information or business information > China = cheap tat  Smiley Sad

Hope you get your money back.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Justphil70
Contributor
Contributor
I was also scammed and PayPal wont refund my money.
Login to Me Too

imagote
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a blanket from Ema Cotton also. I never received it. I contacted PayPal and the guy had me file a complaint. He said I would get my money back within 10 days if they didn't hear from the company. Well, I have received a few updates from PayPal letting me know that they heard from the company. They provided me with the same tracking number from eCommerce DHL. Well, that tracking number does NOT exist. They also gave me an email address to contact the company. That email address goes directly back to Ema Cotton. I guess because PayPal has some kind of communication from the company, they haven't refunded me. I think I've waited long enough. The guy from PayPal also told me that at the time I filed my complaint, there were already five other complaints filed. Think it's time to call PayPal one more time. If they don't tell me I will get a refund right away, I think it's time to contact my local TV station and/or the CA Attorney Generals Office!

Login to Me Too

Thequeenofila
Contributor
Contributor

five complaints?????Shoot I bet they have had five thousand.  I got my two quilts finally and they were cheap crap.  Nothing can be done now.  Shame on FB for running the ads and Paypal for doing business with such scammers.

Login to Me Too

Cyn4
New Community Member
After ordering the quilt on Nov 15 I just received notification this morning that this was coming from Shanghai..this company originally said they made the quilts in the U.S. it is just a digital print on 2 pieces of thin material sewn together...it does not look like what they advertise..I too am disappointed that I was duped by this company ema cotton (or whatever their name is today)who was on Facebook..this was not worth $65 dollars..I could have bought a nicer one at Ross for less than $20..let's see how trying to get a refund will go...
Login to Me Too

Vashti42
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed.  These people go by Ema cotton, Amelia quilt (there are hundreds of complaints against this name https://www.trustpilot.com/review/amelia-quilt.com?page=5) and ecrafta I ordered 4 quilts in September - 3 queen size and 2 king.  They were supposed to arrive in 10 days, they where supposed to be made in the US and made of cotton.  Sometimes they say they are in Australia.  If you read the "About Us" section they have mixed up the two locations.  One is a gas station in Salem that they claim is "just minutes" from a town in Australia.  When "Ema Cotton" sent tracking numbers PayPal denied my claim.  only 2 of the 4 arrived.  They measure 6'x5' each, are made of a thin cheap printed polyester and have a tag from "Crown Bedding" They are not cotton, they are not quilts and they are not even the size specified.  The declared value on the package was $10 (I believe that's the real value of these "$60 quilts")

The Oregon BBB has declared the company a Scam "There is no business registered with that name or any deviation in the state of Oregon. The business...  

It was in the local paper "Fake Salem quilt business accused of scamming hundreds nationwide

Names they use

• Weirdo Stuff
  • Kathleen Quilt
  • Ducha
  • Emacotton
  • Amelia Quilt
  • Amelia Cotton
  • Ecrafta
  • EMA Cotton
  • Elsie Quilt
  • Uscrafta
  • Cotton Blanket
  • Elsie May Quilt
  • USA Crafta
  • ARA Cotton
  • Umovietee
  • Joyce Quilt

Websites they use

• sleepious.co
  • weirdostuff.net
  • emmacotton09.com
  • amelia-quilt.com
  • bellaquilt.net
  • aracotton.com
  • hellodobo.com
  • uscrafta.com
  • emmacotton13.com
  • bellaquilt.com
  • emacotton.com
  • amerliacotton10.com
  • duhuquilt.com
  • emastore10.com

I think with thousands of people scammed and PayPal and Facebook aiding and abetting the scam, we have a class action suit.  I'm talking to lawyers about it now and will post details when its filed for ya'll to join.

Login to Me Too

Driftwood2
Contributor
Contributor

You are right - they are not even the size of a queen bed (which is the size I ordered) - and the material feels like cotton/poly, but, just not sure about that, either.  I ordered one with cats on it - and the cats are cute, but, the whole thing is not a quilt - it’s really thin.  Just a front and back material with maybe some thin batting in between.  Defintely not worth the price!

Login to Me Too

Kathy5555
Contributor
Contributor
Good luck with getting anything done. I don't have the money to fight back. I ordered a quilt and never received it. I have contacted the company numerous times, contacted DHL that tells me it wasn't received to be shipped, contacted PayPal to dispute it and was told that it was resolved because the company sent it..... Total runaround. My money is lost to a piece of crap scammer.
Login to Me Too

BamaMom97
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two Full size GA Tech quilts Nov. 11thhttps://www.cottoncolor.net/.  When they hadn't arrived I checked the website to track my package and the site said it didn't exist. When we put a hold  on the credit card payment, we received notice that the "quilts" were on their way. The first one arrived and as others have mentioned, came from Shanghai, China, no packing slip or return address, it was barely crib size (not the size in the picture below) and made of polyester/nylon screen print on one side and moving blanket material on the other.  Since we went through our credit card first, we did receive an email from a representative Tran Thi Hao stating that our quilts had shipped. Nothing else. We are still awaiting resolution.I will never buy anything off Facebook again.  I also hope that PayPal is more discriminating regarding the companies they deal with.  I have always felt they were created to protect the consumer as well as the producer_ now I'm not sure.

Cotton Color picture.PNG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.