Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Califdisappoint
Contributor
Contributor

mybeachshoes.com    fraudster

Login to Me Too

Kario5
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I want to update this post about my situation. So after almost a year of pestering PayPal concerning this obvious fraud, they finally agreed to refund me in the form of PayPal credit.   They did this because I was a “valuable customer” and they wanted to make sure “ I was happy”.  Hahahaha.  I can’t help but wonder if they were finally contacted by the govt. agencies that me and numerous other people have filed complaints with.  So to everyone out there who fell victim to this Chinese scam, don’t give up!  Keep insisting, file complaints with your govt. trade and commerce departments.   Eventually PayPal will have to comply or go out of business.

Login to Me Too

Kario5
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the Topclassactionlawsuit site and filed.  I don’t expect to receive any money, I’m just hoping the people will be caught and/or PayPal will be held accountable.

Login to Me Too

Arial99
Contributor
Contributor
Did anything ever come of this?
Login to Me Too

Gatorguy
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal needs to reconsider who the companies they allow to use Paypal, and who Paypal profits from. Instead they allow plainly fraudulent sellers racking up hundreds of complaints to continue using Paypal to receive orders. 

I was on the receiving end of the same type of scam here, ordering two pairs of boots for approx. $100 from China but receiving one curtain tieback valued at $1.19 according to packaging. I first reported it to Paypal and requested a refund March 3rd for an order placed the first week of January, nothing received, and a non-communicative seller. Certainly a case for seller protection, right? Instead a decision was put off for another several weeks while Paypal contacted the seller. The seller response was to supply a non-trackable shipping number and claiming it was boots. 

After a few weeks I rec'd a 5" by 5" package with the shipping number supplied by the seller containing one curtain tieback. Now i should have been obvious to anyone that the seller was committing a fraud. Forwarded a photo to Paypal. Their response? Instead of refunding my money they gave the seller another month to respond. Three weeks ago I had run out of patience and contacted Paypal reps who could only reply via messages. They finally agreed the issue neeed to be settled and promised to do so the first week of June. Their solution? Return the $1.19 curtain tieback in the 5" x5" pacakge to the seller who gave me a shipping address only in Chinese. Oh and rather than several weeks allowed for me to respond just as they gave the seller, they gave me just 10 days.

They've also allowed the seller to avoid a refund for several more weeks relying on them to confirm they receive the curtain tie-back first. And I'll assume if the seller claims they did not get it the onus will be on me to track it and supply proof of deleivery, assuming of course that the seller actually gave me a valid return shipping address. if they did not.

So here it is 6 months later and no resolution, and Paypal continues to be a payment provider for the fraudster and recieving a percentage of each transaction. Yes I've come across hundreds of similar complaints against this specific Chinese seller in the weeks since I ordered those size 10 boots. I'm positive Paypal has too. 

Login to Me Too

Achope246
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly my issue. I’m stuck with an item I’m supposed to return to a non-deliverable address in order to get my refund. I have yet to speak to a live person.
Login to Me Too

JabenS

I had the same Chinese experience and am absolutely dumbstruck that Paypal won't step up to do what their brand claims to do - protect the consumer. I used to buy confidently through Paypal because I believed they provided protection over untruthful vendors that might be trying to take advantage. This is clearly not the case.  I have paid way too many PayPal fees to realize that this company won't even support the consumer when they are clearly getting scammed.  Why would I pay return shipping on something that I did not purchase? If the vendor somehow made a shipping mistake, they would send postage for a return and send me what I paid for. If you need an example of how this works, look at Amazon.  Paypal is raking in roughly 15 billion dollars a year to not protect consumers... brilliant, but dishonorable. I am glad that my discovery of Paypal's ineptitude only cost me 35$, but I have very little reason to use Paypal going forward. 

Login to Me Too

pennerpond
Contributor
Contributor

😀yes PayPal is not what it used to be that was the last time I use PayPal for purchases. 

Login to Me Too

wynter80
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue, I purchased a Tilt-Head Stand Mixer and the seller "Verb Store" sent me a cheap looking ring. I've made the purchase in early August and sent numerous emails to the seller without receiving a response. And the mail was tracked because they sent a cheap ring over. I brought this up to paypal and they responded by telling me to reach out to the seller. And of course they expect the seller to reply to me. It was dragged till October and Paypal gave me 10 days to do the below while they gave the seller months to reply to my complaints. Also they stated that all the documentations filed by me may be given to the seller. 

"To continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organisation. You may choose to contact your local law enforcement agency (such as your local police or sheriff's department) or you may choose to file a report with any other governmental agency of your choice."

Well done Paypal. Your customer service sucks to the core and you really need to buck up. 
Login to Me Too

GarySchell
Contributor
Contributor

It is so sad what Pay Pal has become, they siding with the scammers, I ordered a mini computer and received a ring. When I complained they offered $30.00 back, in hindsight I should have taken it. I filled out a IC3 report, but missed the part I was to print, scan and email to Pay Pal. They denied my claim. I were the ring on my pinky to not buy from scammers. Now FaceBook has advertised 6,000 lb car hoist for $29.00. Very well done Video adds. I guess they haven’t run out of rings yet.

Gary

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.