Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

samnawal
Contributor
Contributor

I got scammed the same way and PayPal  sided with the scammers . I just don't get it. They asked to sent item back to china which would have cost me more than what I paid for the item. BTW the item was shipped from California and not China. 

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This is beginning to sound like a broken record. There are literally hundreds (if not more) of people reporting the same scenario. In my case the rerturn address turned out to be bogus, so don't send anything back.

Contact customer service via chat and plead your case to an agent (I did that and after chatting with 4-5 agents one finally stepped in and helped).

Login to Me Too

BevMLS
Contributor
Contributor

Lucky you....I can't get a hold of anyone! I can't believe PayPal is letting this happen. Disgusting by this company right now!

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm on this forum almost daily to tell people who had been victimzied stop using PP. Spread the word thru all means possible (social media, newspaper, TV station suggestion links, etc).

There is no real remedy becasue PP never promised they would protect us from scammers, their policies favor heavily on the sellers and that's why these scams go unchecked.

I was lucky to get a customer rep to appeal my case. I used chat (message center). Most people I understand aren't so lucky and are out hundreds of $.

Login to Me Too

BevMLS
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going through my bank now and waiting on outcome. Once that is settled, I will never use paypal again. I'm over the money part, it's the point of the scammers getting away with it, and PayPal accepting it. I asked PayPal in the claim if I would be reimbursed the $35 for sending back the crap I was sent, and they denied my claim without answering my question and there is literally no way to speak to anyone. I can't even believe it honestly that this is allowed to happen.....

Login to Me Too

Kialya
Contributor
Contributor

Same story different Chinese company. Bought 2 'drones' got cheap junky toys. Opened a dispute when they never shipped (fake shipping #). THEN they shipped something. Waited another 2 months to get **bleep** plastic toys. Opened another dispute (not as advertised). Followed Paypal's directions to a "T". Sent the junk back to the exact address I was asked too. 2 1/2 MONTHS later, the junk arrived back at my doorstep. (Seller refused the package). Great now I am out another almost $50 for this crap! Now PayPal is saying too bad. So for those who said 'why would I mail this crap back?" They were right because PayPal won't help even when you do exactly what they asked you to do.

Login to Me Too

LaserayScam
Contributor
Contributor

mee too. (paypal sided with scammer)

so i've been googling around; my scammer's paypal email (per the dispute) is <removed>

The (now defunct) "store" has some pages found in search engine's caches, e.g. the cached page at 

www.laseray.store/pages/faq  (bing) refers to different scam email: aarronwqysvlt at gmail

And THAT email leads to a CURRENTLY OPERATING "store" at:

https://www.borod.store/

please check out their site, they're offering some, um, interesting products. They have 4 things listed, each exactly $19.99 plus $9.99 shipping (is just under $30 some magic number -- my scammers got me for $29.98)

Their site doesn't say anything about China. They only accept paypal (i mean it's paypal even if you say debit/credit card)

all these "stores" all use the same template, apparently called shoplazza

Here are some more "stores", all now defunct "Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable" linked to the same scammer:

www.eudemonie.store

lovleon.store 

all these domains have been registered in just the past few months.

How is it that paypal continues to look the other way about these scams?

Login to Me Too

stevencbyers
Contributor
Contributor
I got my money back and here's how. Don't bother with the seller. I emailed back and forth with them. I explicitly told them this was a scam and they didn't disagree. They agreed to a 95% refund and promptly disappeared. I bothered the criminally and purposefully ignorant at PayPal until they told me to file a report with the police or with the IC3 and then to provide them (PayPal) with a copy of that report. I made sure in the report to document everything and especially to indicate how poorly this was being handled by PayPal a number of times. I did so and was almost instantly refunded all my money. So to be clear, PayPal knows this is a scam. They just have to push you to do as much as you can possibly do until they will do ANYTHING.
Login to Me Too

samnawal
Contributor
Contributor
Did u ou file a police report or an Ic3 report?
Login to Me Too

stevencbyers
Contributor
Contributor
IC3 quick and easy.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.