Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Linda213
Contributor
Contributor
I was exactly like the last PayPal customer to the letter and PayPal offered no help other than send it back which cost more than the item! When I looked into it this seller does this kind of thing on a regular basis and yet PayPal are still letting them use them as credence that they are trusted!
Login to Me Too

Ms_p
Contributor
Contributor
Right Linda... PayPal use to be the go to site for legit payment...now they are letting the scammers take over their pay site and they know they are scammers...I am done with paypal.I will never use them again..man's will be paying them off and closing my account as well.... they won't get a chance to get me like this but again
Login to Me Too

MaxyMax
Contributor
Contributor
I went through exactly the same thing with PayPal wanting me to send pieces of cardboard back to China at my own expense and would only offer a refund once the scammer acknowledged receipt of the item. (Like, that’s going to happen!) I actually spoke to a customer service dude who agreed that it was a scam but still insisted I send it back, knowing I still wouldn’t get anywhere!! Since this is obviously part of the scam that PayPal knowingly endorses and I have kissed my $120 goodbye, instead of a tracking number, I wrote “Go bleep yourself!” And for shipping company, I wrote Dodgy Couriers to Dodgy Places! It sure felt good to tell them all to go bleep themselves. Then I got the robotic response, “ we forwarded your shipping details”, yada yada! What a joke!
Login to Me Too

pam100
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your pain.  I recently purchased from a company based in Florida.  The product came from CHINA with a foreign transaction fee attached.  Long story short...  I sent the crap back to Shanghai.  Cost me $27.  We are now 2 months in, and going back and forth.  They keep asking me to send back, I keep telling them I did, along with tracking and photos.  I have a bad feeling Pay Pal is not going to help me at all.  Out a total of $147.  Live and learn.  China sucks!

Login to Me Too

Autumn2020
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ask PayPal for a return shipping fee refunded?

Login to Me Too

Ms_p
Contributor
Contributor
@Pam...CHINA AND PAYPAL SUCKS
Login to Me Too

Kario5
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a motorized raft for $89.00.  The video and pics showed people riding on rafts with some sort of motorized feature that propelled them through the water, there were even small wakes behind them!   I was sent two 99 cent store type rafts!   Of course they were not motorized!  Just cheap, regular inflatable rafts!   I opened a case and was just informed that my case was closed due to “no answer from seller’s offer of partial refund”.   They NEVER contacted me and offered such a thing!   Not that I would have accepted.   I was scammed!!!

Login to Me Too

Tokenmac
Contributor
Contributor

I am reading through several different topics on this forum, but all with a common thread. Hundreds of people are being scammed by Chinese companies some giving American or Australian addresses, all advertising on Social Media sites having professional looking web sites. All accepting payments via PayPal. Most have complaints against them on PayPal that they are advertising quality goods, and sending either very cheap replacements, or goods which bear no resemblance to what was ordered. They are giving tracking numbers that are not correct. After complaints, offering very small refunds or discounts on future purchases. When these are refused, they offer returns to China often at higher costs than the goods. Even then there is no guarantee that the seller will acknowledge receipt of the returns, and PayPal will not refund the money. So we all feel on our own with no support from the company we paid through because we expected support.  

These companies are exploiting PayPal's returns and refunds policy, I would like to know :-

(1) Why do PayPal not close this loophole to prevent this continuing

(2) Why are PayPal allowing these companies to continue using them to implement these Scams

(3) Why in most cases are PayPal finding disputes in support of these scammers.

(4) Why are we not able to give all our evidence to PayPal, I have an Email from the company that Scammed me admitting that they do not sell the item they are advertising and I paid for, so basically admitting it is a scam. However it seems there is no facility for Passing this important and highly relevant information to PayPal.

PayPal are a good company and provide a really good service. However at this time they seem to be supporting or at least are complicit in hundreds of Scams on their customers.

If PayPal moniter this site, could you please tell us what you are doing to stop these Scammer?

Login to Me Too

Karenjulie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have had the same thing happen to me and Paypal have also closed my case and sided with the Chinese scammer. I have constantly messaged Paypal to open a new dispute, but all my messages are being ignored. I suggest others that are having this happen to them also, shut down your Paypal accounts as there is no support at all anymore for us. The Chinese fraudsters have all the knowledge to know how to get around Paypal and keep the money they have stolen from decent buyers in other countries. So long as they give a tracking number and it shows the parcel has been delivered, Paypal will cancel the case. Paypal don't care whether the parcel is what was ordered or if it is nothing like it. I have sent many messages to say the parcel I received had a glasses lens cleaning cloth and nothing else in the parcel. I had actually ordered a Waldorf Doll with clothes set and paid $57.98 USD. I live in Australia, so that amount is nearly double in AUS Dollars. I have had no reply to any further messages to Paypal after they closed my case, so I am expected to lose all that money to a Chinese, miserable scammer, just because Paypal allow it to happen. 

Login to Me Too

Karenjulie
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same thing happen to me by a Chinese Scammer and have had no support at all from Paypal. I am in Australia and see you are in UK, so this is happening to people all over the world and Paypal are allowing this to continue.  We are all suffering enough in the world as a result of China and covid-19 coming from that country. Now we are being exploited through Paypal by these people. Has Paypal been bought out by China ?  I am only asking this question because Paypal don't seem to care at all about many of it customers anymore.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.