Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Califdisappoint
Contributor
Contributor

Travesty!

Login to Me Too

bob315
Contributor
Contributor

Update, We have spoken to the Postmaster and he researched both tracking numbers and confirmed that neither of those packages were delivered to our address and is sending written confirmation of that. He also told us there is a widespread problem with PayPal and scammers from China that are somehow getting real package info, names, addresses, and tracking numbers and using them to take peoples money and never deliver any goods. We are going to post all the information on social media and forward to our credit card co. to dispute these charges since PayPal will not take the appropriate action and stop these scammers from stealing from us. We are also going to consult an attorney to see if there can be any punitive damages awarded to us because of PayPals lack of response and when presented with solid evidence of a scam , and continued denial of a refund due us because of goods never delivered. I am certain the attorney will notify the States Attorney General and alert them of PayPals  participation in these scams.

Login to Me Too

Mirandal7
Contributor
Contributor

Simply because the scammer took $40.00 for $10.00 item! And the one in my case is not in China, but England. He had an agreement with Ebay to send me a shipping label!!! And to not dispute this makes the scammers bolder. 

Login to Me Too

scamvictimO_O
Contributor
Contributor
Fyi you sound like a paypal shill.
Login to Me Too

Halmodovar
Contributor
Contributor
Class action lawsuit? Who's with me?
Login to Me Too

pennerpond
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you. Let me know. Class action sounds good to me

Login to Me Too

Crystine
Contributor
Contributor
I was JUST thinking the same thing!!! Count me in!! If I were mailing people fraudulant or counterfeit products, I'll bet Paypal would figure out a way to stop accepting payment on my behalf. They should do the same with these extremely fraudulant companies from China! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!
Login to Me Too

Autumn2020
Contributor
Contributor

The company is Aikpro

Login to Me Too

Bassa73

Each item seems to have a different company name but an identical website.

Ordered two different items from two 'different' companies and eventually received two identical 'Pound Shop' electric battery operated toothbrushes.

I'm down about £40 but I guess that'll be down to experience because from reading these messages we know Paypal aren't going to do a damn thing about it. Starting to wonder if Paypal aren't complicit here as they could easily refuse to deal with these scammers.

Anyway, that's me done with China and as little use of Paypal as possible from now on.

Login to Me Too

Hogboy185
Contributor
Contributor

I finally contacted my credit card company and gave them all the information on the scammer and paypals lack of action. They credited my account. 

I truly feel that Paypal is in on the scam, as they get their percentage of money from the sale. Will never use Paypal again. Spread the word.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.