Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

hami747
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal are complicit in knowingly allowing scammers to operate. Best to leave NO funds in Paypal and use your credit card link then you can go back to the bank a **bleep** Paypal. I'm currently in dispute over a Small Laser I ordered ($42.86) and got a Ring that fits on your finger how much different do you need to be?  Now they want me to contact the Law Enforcement Agent etc. I have even spoken to a Paypal Rep on the phone BUT opened a review Ticket Number PT 10012375on phone number <removed>. Paypal need to do the right think

Paypal are complicit in knowingly allowing scammers to operate. Best to leave NO funds in Paypal and use your credit card link then you can go back to the bank a **bleep** Paypal. I'm currently in dispute over a Small Laser I ordered ($42.86) and got a Ring that fits on your finger how much different do you need to be?  Now they want me to contact the Law Enforcement Agent etc. I have even spoken to a Paypal Rep on the phone BUT opened a review Ticket Number PT 10012375 on phone number <removed>. They need to do the right think, Australian Consumer Law will be my next call.

Login to Me Too

hami747
Contributor
Contributor

Australian Police asked me to do a report via online to ACCC Scamwatch I did this and they still ask for a police report. Next stop Small Claims Action

Login to Me Too

hami747
Contributor
Contributor

Finally after many weeks, much time and countless actions by me in the pursuit of a Fair Go, I was starting to take legal action in the Australian Small Claims Court and asked for the address to send the summons did they resolve the claim in my favor. It should not have take this long. The problem sis still there for Paypal and they would know if I had won in court, the precedence would have been set. So Paypal thanks you (sarcasm)  for something that should have taken just a week or so. If they took the time to look and judge a buyers or sellers feedback that's a good indication of the type of person you are dealing with. I have been with eBay since 2006 and my current feedback of 100% tells the story. PAYPAL FIX YOUR PROBLEMS

Login to Me Too

Drdavids
Contributor
Contributor
The scam is they send you an item that is cheap and not at all what you ordered in my case. I ordered 3 Hypervolt type electric massages and was sent One plastic roller non electric piece of junk. Sending that back to China is ridiculous. 1 I never ordered that 2 items ordered never shipped 3. Tracking that to China is impossible 4. There is no way to know you are ordering from China until after the sale . Hence the scam they offer you a percentage off of the sale price to keep a dollar piece of junk instead of the $60 plus items you ordered or bear the $40 plus return fees to return an item never ordered or wanted. I’m thinking class action suit.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201216e
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is in full negligence in these cases. They are making profits from the sellers fees and so they continue to support them. This is definitely a class action lawsuit against PayPal in the making.
Login to Me Too

Tokenmac
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Are you Cornish or Chinese? 
I ordered from a Company giving a California address. They now expect me to pay as much as I paid to return an item I didn’t order to a Chinese address that may or may not exist, and to trust these scammers that they will then give me back half the money I paid out. 
if this is within PayPal’s policy, then it seems that PayPal are more interested in protecting the scammers than honest victims. Where is our protection please. All I see is PayPal supporting the continuance of scamming and adding to the number of unsupported victims.

Login to Me Too

hami747
Contributor
Contributor

I have a claim in progress now - purchased a small 3D Laser and got a Two Dollar - 40 gram ring. How different is that? They have offered half my money back.  If I am not refunded I will close my Paypal account, I have been with them since 2006 or there about and put thousands of dollars there way, as a buyer and a seller.

Paypal are complicit in the crime as they continue to support and provide a front for the scamming.

ALL COUNTRIES need to address the issues of scamming and those that condone it. Paypal that includes you.

Login to Me Too

njhenwood

The thing that annoys me is that PAYPAL is aware of this and chose to do nothing as they get their commission. I ordered the same thing that happened to me. Ordered to side tables from a uk web address, however, PayPal are forcing me to send the two nail clipper sets worth less than a quid to china. Paypal are happy to enable this fraud as they still get paid. There is no actual protection from PayPal. Their attitude stinks. Its clear this is prevalent and PAYPAL continues to allow it to happen. When evidence is sent they just ignore it. 

Login to Me Too

MikeyJay
Contributor
Contributor
I too have been scammed twice in a month. Its a significant scam that PAYPAL need to put a stop to. Only PayPal can stop it and its simply by changing their guidelines. If it happens and the seller cannot supply the actual purchased item, it is a full refund, no questions asked. If it has happened more than once on an account, it should e a full refund, without sending the item back. Scammers need to be taught a lesson and right now, PAYPAL are enabling the scammers.
Login to Me Too

MaxyMax
Contributor
Contributor

Wait, soooo what you're saying is, Paypal will try and dodge this by making it difficult for a buyer who has been scammed to get their money back so that they will give up frustrated and then go to their bank for assistance in the matter. So Paypal really don't provide any buyer protection in the first place if this is the advice you are giving!! So we are scammed either way! May as well skip Paypal's long and arduous **bleep** process and go straight to your bank people!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.