Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor
Stop using PayPal. PayPal needs to change policy. These fake companies are using PayPal policy to defraud consumers. They send a cheap product use that tracking number to show your product was delivered. PayPal needs to shut the merchant down or suspend them after multiple complaints. PayPal is has cultivated the fraud and abuse with their own policies and then defends the merchant. I got scammed and couldn't cancel order. The fake Chinese company uses PayPal and gets backed by them. Have reported to Kaw Enfircement and filed BBB complaint. Just don't use PayPal they are the worst.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
I agree but paypal has marked this as solved and has no intention or interest on shutting fraudulent merchants down. Fraudulent activity probably represents 30% of their revenues
Login to Me Too

Califdisappoint
Contributor
Contributor

So true & disgusting!

Login to Me Too

Class action required! There are significant numbers of complaints and PayPal is failing to address an obviously injurious process by using their image of a safe payment system.
Login to Me Too

Califdisappoint
Contributor
Contributor

Class Action!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Tokenmac
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

When I bought my item, their web site lognm.com gives a California address, no mention of China until it had been paid for and shipped, then only when I opened a dispute on paypal. This seems to be a frequent occurrences which Paypal could stop this happening by removing scammers accounts to protect us. 

People are saying we should not expect to keep the item and get money back, but we should not expect to be scammed and to have to pay more money so they get their goods back to send it out again to some other unsuspecting victim.

Login to Me Too

pennerpond
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Same thing happened to me but PayPal refuses to refund my money unless I return a piece of junk to China. They really don’t back their customers at all I was under the impression that if the item was significantly different you were not required to return. The scammers are obviously aware of PayPal’s rules. It sucks to get ripped off with PayPal’s help

Login to Me Too

Califdisappoint
Contributor
Contributor

Exactlyyyy!!!!

Login to Me Too

MaxyMax
Contributor
Contributor

This is a scam that Paypal appear to be supporting! Maybe it is actually Paypal doing it!  Anyone thought of that?? There are soooooo many complaints about the same scam and yet, the same scammers keep getting away with it. The only mistake that consumers are making, is that they are blindly putting their faith and trust in Paypal to do the right thing when their customers are scammed, but that it definitely not the case here. If you return the rubbish item back to the scammer, not only does it take a further 2 to 4 months to get there, there is no guarantee that you will get any acknowledgement of receipt. I ordered my "goods", oops I mean "bads" in June. It is now half way through October and I am being asked to return damaged, rubbish items that are not worth a pinch of salt!! How long should one wait to be treated fairly????? What a joke!!

Login to Me Too

DesertHiker1
Contributor
Contributor
You might be on to something about PayPal being culpable. You cant even reach a person at Paypoo on the phone.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.