Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

4x4albert
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. Anyone can scam users of PayPal by advertising an item for sale for 100$ then sending an empty envelope to someone else in the same zip code and PayPal considers that a fair transaction and closes the case. The tracking number shiwes as delivered even though it wasn't to you. In my case it was a tv and a 2oz envelope was delivered to a different address in the same zip. Why people work for a living when this scam can not you 100,000 per day I gave no idea.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201216c
Same. The PayPal symbol on websites no longer gives feeling of protection or “ oh must be legitimate” I am done. Went to bank to resolve order from August. Crap sent Instead of what was ordered. PayPal wanted me to send junk to China and pay for tracking number and then wait for seller to confirm they receive it before refund. Yeah right. Went to bank for refund. The bank refunded and now seller has sent a new tracking number. I wonder what junk they “accidentally” send this time. Look like another two month wait before I can end this. Once new crap received. It will be 6 months. I will never use PayPal again once this is finished. I also let as many people as I can know.
Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor
The company I purchased from had a US address and phone number; yet, the item came from China and PayPal wanted me to ship it back there at a cost of $36. If I had used their return shipping refund option, I would still be out an additional $6 and 100% doubtful the item will be deliverable because the return address they gave PayPal is not the same one they shipped the scam item from originally. This is the scammer's way of pushing everything past Paypal's deadlines so they won't have to issue a refund. And I bet even if the item did make it there, they would claim the item that was returned was not in original condition so again, they don't have to honor a refund. PayPal, YOU are being scammed the same as your customers!
Login to Me Too

cmr9754
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me right now.

The website I ordered from actually stated : US owned and operated. Fast shipping from US warehouse.

Tracking showed it would come from China, too late to cancel and now Paypal agreed for me to return the item

to the chinese address. They are literally supporting a foreign seller that purposely misleads customers with false info in their website.

Very upsetting !

Login to Me Too

Omasvintageshop
Contributor
Contributor
Best thing to do is complain about the issue on Twitter, make sure you add CEO of PayPal in your tweet. It worked for me!
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Maybe as an expert advisor you can assist in having these merchants shutdown ! GUOZHEN ZHENG
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Yeah right, if I have that power then you do as well, so feel free to go ahead, I await the results  🤣

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anastasiap123
Contributor
Contributor

I understand what you are saying but it is still wrong.  Both Facebook and Paypal are in the wrong however allowing this sort of scamming to be continued.  I am not the first to complain about this - there are 100s of buyers who are being scammed in this way and i am sure that both Facebook and Paypal are aware of this but instead of blocking these scammers, they are allowing it to continue so I DO blame them for all the scams.  If there is only one complaint, then I can understand Paypal not doing anything but when there are 100s, if not thousands, being conned, then it is the duty of the third party (Paypal in this case) to put a stop to it and not allow it to continue.

Yes there is a system where you can claim back £15 postage in the UK but why should I have to.  The package clearly states "sunglasses" which is a bit different from the 8 piece kitchen saucepan set that I ordered.  This was clearly an out and out con by the chinese seller (if you can call them that) and Paypal need to put a stop to it.  It is all well and good you saying that Paypal sided with me as the buyer but I disagree.  I paid for the item and postage in good faith expecting to receive a certain item and now I am being told to return a cheap pair of glasses that came instead at a cost of £22 for which Paypal will reimburse me for £15.  I am still therefore out of pocket in money and wasted weeks of my time.  Your suggestion that buyers should buy from trusted sites is ridiculous as no-one knows if they are trusted or not until you are scammed.  I have been buying from Ebay for years and I have not known any of the sellers and have never had this experience that I am going through with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Tokenmac
Contributor
Contributor

Once Paypal is aware that the company in question is a scammer, why are they still allowing their customers to be scammed by allowing the transactions to continue, why not remove their Paypal account to protect your customers?

Login to Me Too

Eastlake
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has 70% stake in Chinese Gopay company so that is why they favor Chinese scammers. I used to trust Paypal for their safe online payment but after the same case of scam on Paypal, I now stay away as much as possible form Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.