Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

Autumn2020
Contributor
Contributor

The company that defrauded me is Aikpro

Login to Me Too

Jacksfork1
Contributor
Contributor
Mi e was Beetoly.com and Ke Zhang. I got scammed twice in a brief period. One case was stopped because the company showed thst the package tracking said delivered. I ordered a Nixie Tube clock for 36.88 and got a folded piece of plastic bag material with six two sided tape tabs, the cheapest projection screen you can imagine. This was from Ke Zhang. Their website was closed Beetoly.com I ordered a small electric circular saw with blades and three “snow fall LEDs”. Total was $54 and some change. I got a cheap $1.50 flea market pack of six rotary tool blades ands three inch long cheap battery operated motion sensing LED bar for putting up in a dark area like a cabinet. This case is up for review but I am sure it will go like the last one and the scam artist will win with the backing of PayPal. I plan to pay PayPal off and never use them for payments to anyone anymore. There’s no such thing as PayPal protection unless you are the scammer.
Login to Me Too

samnawal
Contributor
Contributor
My story is identical to yours. I was also given a return address in Chinese. I used Google translate, and paid $30 for return shipping. I can't believe that a class action lawsuit has not happened yet. People are getting ripped off by these scamers and PayPal is acting like like they are part of the scam.
Login to Me Too

Scamfromchina
Contributor
Contributor

Same happening to me instead  of a 78 dollar motorcycle  carrier the send me 4 paper  masks. PayPal wants me to spend 16 dollars to ship it back.or they close the dispute. I think PayPal is a chines company 

Login to Me Too

m_liebao

this is not about policy or what PayPal ruled. main question is why PayPal allows same seller to run his scam over different pages. If papal would like to take action at first place should not support fraud where they do. It is right to get refund immediately in case of scam. it is not damaged item or broken delivery it is scam. they have done it to many PayPal customers and yet PayPal let them run their business by using PayPal name. well sometimes have to pay for what you learnt. but PayPal proved they are not as clean as they should be. That is why you feel PayPal taking their side. 

Login to Me Too

MarinaL
Contributor
Contributor

There is NO LINK for FILING AN APPEAL
This is about case PP-D-66447196 that you closed NOT in my favor. I DID send proof that I returned the merchandise to CHINA. You CANNOT DENY my case

Login to Me Too

Califdisappoint
Contributor
Contributor

I paid immediately & got NOTHING! Link to appeal doesn't work!!! Case closed NO refund!

Login to Me Too

scamvictimO_O
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass,  you are addressing this as if it were the routine return of an incorrect item that was mistakenly sent by a legitimate merchant.  That is not the case here. 

The merchant is actually a criminal that never actually possessed, or had any intention of shipping the purchased item.  The item that is sent instead is valueless, and has no relationship whatsoever to the item that was actually purchased.  Its only purpose is to exploit a well-known loophole in PayPay's policies to further harm the victim by forcing them to waste even more money sending worthless junk to a crook.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scamvictimO_O 

I am addressing it in the only way possible to you to get a refund if you want one.

If paypal state return goods for a refund then that is what you have to do.

If you want me to say 'not fair, don't return, they are scammers' then would you be happier with that? You wouldn't get your money back if i said that but willing to do so if that is what you want.

Fair or not the advice i give is only with the intention of working paypals buyer protection system to get a refund.

Luckily paypals return policy should be changing soon. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor
You are incorrect. PayPal is expecting the buyer to pay an exorbitant amount of money to ship the item back to an address that has provided by the seller that will ultimately be not deliverable. Then there will be no proof the item was delivered, therefore the case will be closed and no refund of return shipping or refund of item will be issued by PayPal. We, as buyer, lose and fraudulent sellers win. They have found loopholes in PayPals return policies and they are taking major advantage of it. If PayPal is so sure of their return shipping refund, then they should pay for it. That's why I am getting proof of all this together and mailing out several letters to different departments of PayPal in hopes someone will resolve it. If not, a class action lawsuit is the only other option...and considering how many posts about this issue are on here and their Facebook page, finding legal representation shouldn't be difficult.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.