Scammed by Chinese seller and Paypal sided with scammer

kenstewart2005
Contributor
Contributor

PP-D-45211970 - thank you (sarcasm) for siding with the Chinese fraudulent seller! Seller advertised product, sent significantly DIFFERENT product and only way they would refund me is if I spent more money which would amount to same, if not more, than original sale for my shipping cost (seller would not cover) ... and YOU (Paypal) sided with them ... HORRIBLE service and you obviously support fraudulent Chinese sellers! I will advertise this to others, report to BBB, and anything else I can do via social media. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER (lack of) service! There is NO buyer protection from you, can't wait to pay off this amount and NEVER use you again.

Login to Me Too
226 REPLIES 226

levamir1981
Contributor
Contributor

just happened to me also, 
opened Case ID: PP-I-11808375
paypal sided with the scammer all along, 
instead of getting mini laser printer, the scammer sent cheap plastic ring

the scammer even joked about paypal will not help me. 
even sent a police report on fraud. 
still nothing my case denied 

so now , i reported payapl and the scammer to our local police, and customers service department, 
while contacting my credit card comapany to cancel the payment. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20201216e
Contributor
Contributor
The seller in my case stated on their website that they would cover any return fees if wrong item was received and PayPal still sided with them and wanted me to pay for the return shipping. It’s time for a class action lawsuit against all these companies that are supporting this type of scam. The ones who advertise,(Instagram, Facebook), and the ones who support the clear intent to scam their customers like PayPal does.
Login to Me Too

kargesphoto
Contributor
Contributor

EVERY SINGLE POSTER IN THIS THREAD MUST FILE A CONSUMER COMPLAINT WITH THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE!

THE CALIFORNIA AG DOES AND WILL FORWARD THIS COMPLAINT TO PAYPAL, REQUIRING PAYPAL TO RESPOND. I JUST RECEIVED A LETTER FROM the PP executive office(PP wouldn't let me post the email address) in regards to my complaint, and although it was full of the same BS that you would expect from Paypal, how the transaction didn't violate the User Agreement blah blah blah, IF WE FLOOD PAYPAL WITH THESE FORMAL COMPLAINTS, MAYBE THEY WILL TAKE NOTICE!

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST!!!

Login to Me Too

Greg8672
Same garbage happened to me and I didn't even know it was coming from China!Paypal can not help anyone and its ridiculous!I will be shutting down my PayPal now due to their lack of security!
Login to Me Too

EnnisR

The problem here is that PayPal are aware that these Chinese vendors are sending products that are not only NOT what was advertised but normally substandard cheap products because the vendors know that the cost of returning the goods will be practically be the cost of the purchase in the first place if not more. My question is why would PayPal continue to allow these fraudsters to use their service?? Why? Because PayPal are still making money on the transaction whilst we, the customers, are being conned!!!  In my case I did pursue the vendor and paid the postage out of principal, shame on you PayPal for not protecting your customers from these rip off merchants out of greed. 

Login to Me Too

lb1491
New Community Member

I also have this problem with 5 different items. This policy of Paypals is very unfair given the fact that these scammers run sales pages selling ATV's and send you a dollar store set of earrings. Then I am expected to spend $40 to send the earrings back to China. This is an outright fraud on the part of the Chinese company. The Chinese company should have to send me a prepaid shipping label if they want their $1 earrings back!

Login to Me Too

2nd2none5
New Community Member
Who in the hell accepted this solution?
Login to Me Too

Dabel
Contributor
Contributor

Basically Paypal has told me in many messages and phone calls that I've exhausted every avenue with them, they stand by this fraudulent company and apparently has had their back since they started their business with Paypal, even through many different name changes and addresses. Paypal used to have common sense with disputes, I doubt they read one message, they can't possibly if they have agreed with this company so many times. This is just a drop in the bucket to the folks that have been scammed, doing research I'm seeing complaints via facebook, swagbucks I even opened up a case with Better Business Bureau and given all this information to Paypal. So the old policy of Paypal protection is no longer valid, their is no protection through Paypal, you're on your own here. So I've asked my bank to do a charge back, I've opened cases with Better Business Bureau with both AZCozy and Paypal since Paypal is in bed with scammers now.
These are the list of I've found during my research:
AZcozy Bedding Sets, Harrison, Texas 07029
AZcozy Homey Rugs - Sunset, LA
AZcozy Adorable Round Carpet -- Pineville, Kentucky 40977
Azcozy Homey Store -- Curlew, WA
AZcozy Homey Quilts and Comforters -- Raymondville, MO
Azcozy Comforter -- Stone Mountain, GA
Azcozy, -- <removed> Dr Houston, TX 77043
AZcozy -- <removed>, Irvindale CA 91709
Again, none of those addresses belong to AZcozy, they just use other companies addresses apparently with Paypal's blessing

Login to Me Too

Sammy63
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you. With Amazon before you buy it is stated about a restocking fee before yo buy. However, most items you are able to ship back free of charge to you. Another thing to think about s the shipping label shows a California RETURN address on the package that comes to you. Why can’t you use that one?

This is a Chinese scammer and we need open a dispute with the Ag’s both state and local? I am sure there are many that will join in. 

Since I am a retired person that has time and 3 backpacks that I didn’t order I will be looking into doing this.  I can print all correspondence out and store them in one of them. Sarcasm intended. 

Login to Me Too

sheree-nc
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree that PayPal is siding with fraudulent Chinese sellers.  If PayPal is not, they need to put some type of safeguard in place for buyers who purchase items from overseas sellers.  PayPal shouldn't be allowing e-commerce sites to use their service if the site has complaints of fraud.  If items purchased are significantly not as described, which has been the case with me as well, then PayPal should side with the buyer as long as they have proof of the item that was sent.  In my case, I took photos of the package with the seller's info and tracking number on it so PayPal could see that it was the same seller I was disputing, and showed them the size of the item I received before I opened it and then a photo of the item I received.  Additionally, I also provided screenshots of my public Facebook post regarding the scam where two other people had stated they had also been scammed and had received the same item as I did; yet, to no avail.  PayPal still claims I can send the $1 valued item (at most) back to a completely bogus return address provided by the seller for an additional $35, to which the seller will say never arrived because they are not located at that address.  It's not up to PayPal to return the funds, it's up to the seller...and the seller will claim they never got the item back.  This is how they win.  This is why PayPal is getting duped by fraud and will eventually get sued by a class action lawsuit.  I'm collecting the victims as I speak.  Anyone who'd like to join the list can find me on Facebook by Sheree Hall.  Just look for the public post regarding the site that scammed me.  I have already file a complaint with the e-commerce division of the Federal Trade Commission.  And it won't stop there.  Attorney Generals of California and North Carolina are next.  Join me in fighting PayPal and let's get justice for their wrong-doing.  Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.